better colours with cycles

Hi:
I´m trying to render a table, with a glass surface, and colour white, but in all renders, white colour is rendering Grey.
I tried change the camera angle, lights… but i can´t find the solution, any tip?

thanks
cristal.zip (2.62 MB)

You did not include your environment texture…

Anyway, my first guess would be that the reflective surfaces pick up a greyish environment colour from that HDR.

Also, your material for the backdrop (sweep) is using a diffuse/glass mix, which lets the environment shine through to some degree. I guess this is a mistake? Shouldn’t that rather be a diffuse/glossy mix?

I’d say set Clamp values less than 1 is not so good idea.
You have double vertices on glass - if that comes from not merged center vertices imho Glass material wouldn’t be properly rendered since object looses it’s thickness for renderer. I might be wrong here.

eppo, a lot of thanks, the problem was the clamp value.
If i turn 0, appears some white points, with your valours, perfect.
do you know some guide or post where explain detailled these advanced settings??
(in blender wiki don´t tell much…

You would not want to clamp at all if not the fireflies. So if they are present either switch off Caustics which also makes image somehow worse or clamp fireflies using Clamp values. There might be explanations on wiki - see if you can G it, i have no links at hands. I usually go from 6 and lower Direct, then set Indirect about half of it. Maybe that’s a wrong strategy, idk.