[Split topic]Draconian Censorship

Yeah, why would anybody suggest that?

Please do not feed the trolls nor become a troll yourself.

I believe you’ve been warned previously by other moderators. This is your final warning. If you continue to troll the forums and deliberately attempt to incite a negative response, then your account will be banned temporarily.[/QUOTE]

This is what draconian censorship looks like, BTW, as you’ll notice those posts are gone. I know you folks get some sort of odd power trip from internet message boards but good lord you need to learn to take criticisms a lot better if you’re going to do even 1/1,000th of what you claim to want to do with this software. Leave the cowardice behind and stop taking everything so personally (how you folks have succeeded in the creative industry with these thin-skinned personalities is absolutely beyond me). And just to clarify for the ‘yes men’ who are removing messages from this thread, your threats of removal don’t hold any power because… who cares it’s just a message board (or in this case, message board disguised as a fan page for egomaniacs).

When I shut my mouth and walk away, it doesn’t mean you’ve won. It simply means I’ve decided that you’re not worth the effort.

inspiring quote, isn’t it? I find it of great inspiration when forums become toxic.

On the topic: I’m not exactly sure how the warning you’ve received could be characterized as cruel or severe (i.e. draconian).

You’re welcome to believe whatever you’d like about the membership at BA as well as the moderation team here, but the forum rules are in place to foster discussion. There are plenty of people posting their personal misgivings as they pertain to Gooseberry and you may notice that their posts are still there because they constructively contribute to the discussion, rather than simply attempting to provoke and antagonize other members with largely inaccurate information.

Richard was quite polite in his PM to you. Responding with accusations of cowardice and egomania only indicates that you may have a flawed perception of what’s going on here. I’d be more than happy to discuss that with you or anyone on this forum and see if we can share a more clear understanding of how things work here.

Perhaps a place to mediate and collect yourself before coming back to the thread…

Attachments

Your rightious attitude is getting old really fast. If you don’t care about what goes on on the forum and if you apparently hate it here so much, why do you even bother posting? We like to have constructive discussions here, but sarcasm it rarely constructive.

All I can say is that 6 million euro though.

I asked this guy what is his definition of a revolution in CG movie industry, to learn something from him, or at least understand what is point is. Why not ? I’m totally open for new ideas.
But I’m still waiting…

So yes, I do also consider this as trolling. Until proven wrong.

why are you asking me? youre not reading what gooseberry is all about go read the page and also read all the discussion in gooseberry thread so you’ve got an idea.

btw…

" I don’t wrestle with the pig he loves it, he loves getting dirty "

actually I want gooseberry to proceed I want to see that revolution they talking about…and I forgot that 6 million euro though.

if you don’t get what I am talking about and the others youre really, really blind. think realy really deeply where that 6 million should be used.

about censorship and dictatorship and self entitlement that people in this site clamoring against others corporation better look in the mirror.

I have absolutely no idea what you mean. I don’t understand any of your remarks.

But it’s very interesting that you’d aks me to read about Gooseberry, I hope that’s a joke :slight_smile:

Please take a breathe and relax. Again. I’m curious to hear what you think, if you can’t explain yourself, please stop writing and pointing fingers. (saying “read all the forum and all the internet” is not a point… And if you don’t want to repeat yourself, at least share a link…)

are you also one of the people who will have a cut on that 6 milliom euro? without improving the tools of blender…
man now I know why your so blinded.

Well, man, please stop this.
you’re ridiculous.

how much is the pay to direct the movies may I know? may I hear?

that 6 million euro should go to the developers.

@dscyther, your repeated refrain of “6 million euro” has cross the threshold of our forum’s “beating a dead horse” rule.

Please stop.

Yes, this is a warning.

Part of the problem here is how “fanboys” react when seeing content they dont like. They take it personal, and theres a reason for it… because some have tied the brand/goal/image to their self esteem ( see Journal of Consumer Psychology for articles pertaining to that effect). Those defending it in a blind fashion, attacking every poster both personally or with out thought, are the ones fanning the flames, its cutting off any comprehensive level of discussion. Why? Because when you tie your self esteem to the brand or project, the result is the need to defend it, not for the brand, but for oneself. Its completely irrational, but more common than I think most rational thinkers would like.

Given the nature of some of the mods, the discussion on IRC from ton and a few others practically calling for mass bans because certain lines of thought are “poisonous”… and well its kind of obvious to connect the cause and effect taking place here. Fanboys and irrational behavior have long been associated with the Blender user base/community and just when you think thats gone away it generally bounces right back once the pack (pack mentality) has something to rally too. In this case, Gooseberry.

@SaintHaven, you are, of course, welcome to believe whatever you like regardless of how little it relates to the truth of the matter.

However, it’s worth mentioning that no one on our moderation team has called for mass banning (practically or otherwise) on our forum.

I’m reasonably sure that wasn’t the intent of what you wrote, but in the future, please be more clear when you hand out accusations.

I’ll take that as you admitting to some having a lack of reading comprehension when it comes to posts, since as you eventually pointed out… “you are reasonably sure it wasnt the intent” of what was written… in fact it wasnt what was written either (no need for “intent”). The purpose of your post seems more like an attempt at a spiteful jab than anything else.

Thanks for “letting me” believe what I wish to believe.

now am the one who’s waiting.

I am wainting for an answer? where are you now?

I have no idea how much I’ll get paid. It will really depends on how much money we have for the project ! And as “captain of the sheep” I’m considering myself I should be the first one to make an effort on this. I prefer the money to go into the movie (so artists) as much as possible, which might bother you since you want all for the devellopers :slight_smile:

So I didn’t discuss this with Ton yet. It’s not a concern of mine for now, just for you apparently.
And you may not believe it but I don’t do this to get rich at your depends. I just want to be able to pay my bills as I work on it…

Does it answer your question ?

Now, can you expose your vision of “how we should reinvent the CG industry” ? Or do you want Ton’s salary, my rent fees or my brand of coffee machine before being able to express any kind of contructive opinion ?

Anyway, I’m getting a bit tired of those semantics talks around here, about fanboys, Ton’s vision… What so ever. It’s BLENDER and ARTISTS 'right ?
Not SEMANTICS and ARGUMENT TECHNICS forum is it ? It feels like some people are willing to show they’ve rode this book : “The art of being right” from Schopenhauer…
I’m not very used to the forums and those kind of community. But if you want to keep it close and make people like me, that are interested in it and willing to collaborate and share their work on it, leave, you’re doing a pretty good job ! It’s a shame, because it might not be your goal, but that’s the result of how negative and hungry we feel you. I don’t get how frustrated you sound like. If it’s not how you think it should be done, share an idea, a new one, improve or just move along. When I don’t like a movie I don’t stand in front of the theater to explain to everyone that might go see it, how bad it is, and how stupid they are to go see it. And if I have the chance to meet the people that actually make it, I try to learn from what they’ve done, why it fails, how I would have done it better, why they couldn’t. Because if you think we’re a bunch of stupid people having no thought or idea of what we are doing, then why bother even talk to them ?

And please don’t respond to that with the obious : “you see, he’s threatening of leaving, he doesn’t want to have a discussion, blah, blah, blah” bulls*** please ?

But I think I get the point. I know the names of the ones that are hungry or agressive against the project because they’re very present, spend time on huge piles of texts. I don’t know the names of those who are supportive and curious and excited. Maybe that’s because there is much more ? And once they’ve expressed their support, obtain their answers, share their concerns, or add their vision, they move along.

Haters don’t.

HAR! Check out today’s xkcd!
I didn’t know he read BA!

P.S. (Matthieu, you’re feeding the troll)

Now, can you expose your vision of “how we should reinvent the CG industry” ? Or do you want Ton’s salary, my rent fees or my brand of coffee machine before being able to express any kind of contructive opinion ?

the revoluion that you spoke came from the man himself! not mine they are the one bragging it!

my question to you does blender current tools can revolutionize the industry, does it will brake the foundation of the cg and software industry, you must be very aware of it.

and one thing after this movie is done since you are the captain can you guarantee and says that blender can go toe to toe or will be enough to compete in the big boys playground.

it is not the movie that revolutionize pixar it is their tools and technology! the movie was the product!