Modeling Bullet Holes and Damage?

Does anyone have any good info/tutorial links on modeling bullet holes/scratches/damage?

The method can be sculpting/physics/or whatever but I’m not seeing much info on Google for this sort of thing.

Any help is much appreciated!

for what a game? if not try the cell fracture addon and use the grease pencile for the source of the shards.

Yes for games. I want to create a custom damage decal of some bullet holes and scratches.

The cell fracture/grease pencil works good for shards like a plate but I don’t see how it could work for the look of a bullet hole (indentations).

I’m thinking to sculpt the bullet hole and then somehow create an alpha map of just the damage but can’t wrap my head around how to do it at the moment.

Wrong sub-forum, buddy.

Does anyone have any good info/tutorial links on modeling bullet holes/scratches/damage?

The method can be sculpting/physics/or whatever but I’m not seeing much info on Google for this sort of thing.

Any help is much appreciated!

Moved to “Modeling”, can’t figure out how to delete from Tapatalk though.

Moved from “General Forums > Blender and CG Discussions” to “Support > Modeling” and merged with duplicate thread.

In the future, use the Report Post feature and a moderator will move your thread for you.

Bullet holes are an organic shape so you’ll want to sculpt it. Here’s a tutorial that sprung into my mind…