King Vulture (Zopilote Rey)

Greetings, this is my last project staff .

(feedback correction)

I made more corrections, for this image I use render layers, and each layer have 200 samples (4hours render time), the truth was very hard found the way for rendering the head, without this lost reflections and shadows generated by the particles, but finally I could do, not because I added more sampleos 3000 render lasted 3 days, but I am slowly learning to drive and memory resources to blender can render this such scenes.

(composition old)

The motivation of this project is to make something from nature to represent my nation (Colombia) , was initially going to make the condor of the Andes , but I found this one that I found interesting because the colors had (yellow, red, black , almost tricolor ) , attached the original bird so they can observe :

The objective of this exercise is to try to achieve a realistic result using blender at 100%, and share the process with timelaps to contribute something, and facilitate feedback to see what aspects can improve.

This is the first stage of the project and just focus on the head , I decided to post it and start making timelaps , and to free up space because I started it on February 22.

rendering method Branched Path Tracing:
225 AA , AO, Transmission
900 Diffuse , Glossy , Mesh Light, Subsurface
11h render time

timelaps doing , accept feedback.
Thanks for listening , and future collaboration hope that this result is to your liking .

EDIT

grettings, I put again the preview of scene

recently I was finish the first time lapses:

Modeling Time Lapse

Sculpting Time Lapse

UV Time Lapse

https://youtu.be/8SSfo0kpb_E

[B]Texturing Time Lapse

[/B]

Edit 2

apologize for the delay, I was participating in a competition, and freeze some development of these videos, I hope this can help you a little:

Specmap Time Lapse.

Lighting Time Lapse

https://youtu.be/GRHVCrlfilM

Hair Time Lapse

Normalmap and SSS map TimeLapse

https://youtu.be/oZLfTeabD94

Edit 3

Hi, I upload to finish all time lapse, well In this stages I made ​​much process to refine textures (color, normal map, mask), and hair because I dont felt satisfied and the details doesnt looked good, I take the destition to made​​ the body for make a render of his body later, and I have a idea about the neck, you can see the beginning the modeling of neck I dont have idea about his form.

After finishing the head, and give the bird a basic pose with a basic rigg, followed by re tuning head, I thought of other solutions to manage colors from the shader, when I saw that I could not continue recording, I decided to make the renders, and take the decision uploading this result to the forum for feedback and try to improve the work, and share what I learned during this exercise.

Modeling Body Time Lapse

https://youtu.be/Nc2JcGtxjPk

UV Body Time Lapse

Texturing Body Time Lapse

Refine Texture Head
https://youtu.be/jNtJgemnRVs

Body Hair TimeLapse (neck)

mask Face (refining shader) Head

Rigging body

https://youtu.be/ikjvjsnXjj0

First Render

EDIT:

I made a Playlist for made more confortable and organizate the videos:

Thanks again for all support, I hope this work can contribute something.

Extreme details, but they look super nice! Congrats, really nice work! Can you share some more preview of mesh.
Good luck :slight_smile:

Ooh, I like it! The colors are really interesting, more so than the real bird actually.

I am affraid and amazed at the same time… thumbs up

A very unique character. You did a great job with the fur and bright vibrant colors.

this has the amazing beautiful wow factor

I love this, it’s like you can’t stop, looking at it

first of all ¡thanks very much for your commentaries!

ivaydesign
I will do :yes:.
soopursam hehe the nature give us nice variety of colors :D.
F3R0 thank you very much, I have the question of what I let you frightened? :stuck_out_tongue:
harleynut97 wow, the truth is I just hoped hair looks very strong criticism, thank you very much.
josephfarrar I have been impressed by your comment.
dantefrizzoli and I want it ready at least the first time lapse, I have really wanted to share the process.

while, I will put some images about this work:

(times of the project), 66h totally.

a grid with multires modifier

I have recharged the batteries, ¡¡thank you very much!!
anyway I’m still open to feedback, I want to improve more.

Looks pretty real!

Great portrait!

@Ehsanizadi. Thanks you are so kind :D.

Here some progresive renders from each time laps

(modeling)

(sculpting)

have a simple diffuse shader.

wow, what a beautiful bird. i never have seen such one. and so wonderfully done. great work.

Exceptional work! I have always wanted to try some wildlife models but have been intimidated due to sculpting and fur/hair. Your image is beautiful.

Un gran trabajo, muy limpio y lleno de color. Me encantan los materiales y las texturas que has logrado, así como el pelaje.
Felicidades.

Excellent work, very clean and full color. I love its materials and textures, and the fur.
Congratulations.

@doris is a honor you appreciate my work , you are kind :).
@pzzs7f thanks man, I hope see some work you focus on organics models.
@Madrid82 muchas gracias madrid, es un gusto poder hablar en español tambien, y gracias por los comentarios en ambos trabajos, un saludo.
Thanks very much madrid, is a pleasure to speak in spanish too, and thanks for comentaries on both works, greetings.

Here a update render of each time lapse

uvmapping timelapse

(uv texture)

texturing timelapse

(old texture)

both render have diffuse shader.

What a fantastic looking outcome, joseperez! The multitude of different colors, textures and materials is astounding, as is your dedication to documenting the process! Once all your time lapse videos are uploaded, you should submit a press release to Blender Nation! I’m sure a lot of people will be interested to see your workflow!

5 stars!

I want to be able to work the “sculpt mode” and “texture paint” as much as you. It was very good work.

A really nice piece of art you created there and a nice portrait of a king vulture! And thank you so much for the inspiring time lapse videos. Very impressive to see how you did that

@James_Candy Thanks very much again James, I repeat you comentary give me much force =), I hope finish this for make your suggestion.
@mano-wii Im very gracefull for that comentary, I hope some video can help you on your workflow.
@aelex Thanks aelex, I’m happy that my timelapse give you inspiration, I hope my next timelapse have the same effect on you.

here some progressive renders for timelapse

(spec map time lapse)

(lighting time lapse A)

(lighting time lapse B)

this head have diffuse and two glossy shader.

another progressive renders:

(hair time lapse)

spec and diffuse shader.

(normal and sss time lapse A)

(normal and sss time lapse B)

this one have a diffuse shader mixing with three layer sss shader, two glossy shader with him correspondent map, and normal map.

If somebody have any sugestion about timelapse, and some critic about my image please let me know.