Question about animation

Hi, everyone. I have some questions about an project. I have to make different characters (butterfly, bear, cat, mouse and so on), but one of them have clothes. I have problem with animating them (the clothes). They are penetrating the body. I don’t know where I am wrong. Maybe in a lot of places, but i have to fix it. I didn’t make the animation, because the program will work with sprite images, so i don’t really need an actual animation.
Do y have to make only the clothes, without the body under, or i can leave it that way? I want the cloak to be moved by the wind, the clothes also.
Here is the first that i draw:

Than i had to animate it and i decided that it will be easy to learn 3D (:D). And i started (3 months ago) and didn’t make much. Here is the model without rig.

And this is with rig.

I will be very happy if someone answer. And tell me what other files to upload.

Smiles for everyone,
Veli

You can try modifying the distance in “Cloth collision” under Physics tabs. If you set a higher distance that problem should be fixed. Lovely character by the way!

Yeah, that’s a lovely character. And the modelling looks good also :slight_smile:

It would be helpful to see your problem. So perhaps you can upload a screen shot which shows the problem. It’s hard to guess, because on your renders everything looks well. Are you using a cloth simulation?

For conforming clothing like this, you don’t need any simulation. Checkout my sketchbook, none of my characters has simulated clothes.
There are a few things you can do to avoid poke-throughs:

1. Rather than weight painting the clothes manually, you can transfer the weights from the character to the cloth directly. This will ensure that they always deform together.
  2. MASKS! Use the mask modifier to hide the vertices of the character that need not be visible. It’s also a good idea to use multiple masks for different body parts, so you can turn them on/off independently. eg. a mask for the sweater, a separate mask for the pants, another mask for the hat, etc.
  3. Z-offset in material settings. I’ve never used this on a character, but apparently, you can increase the Z offset on the cloth materials or decrease the z-offset on the boy’s skin. It’s a Blender Render feature and I’m not sure if cycles has something like that yet

I really like your character :slight_smile:

Thank you so much for the answers I will try the things that you sad, and if i couldn’t make it again i will post the blend file. I am very happy that you liked the character. :slight_smile: I will upload screenshots form the other one Ladybug.

Cute and fun…well done. :slight_smile:

Nice Characters.

This is a short animation, if someone want to see. It’s not well done, but that’s it for the moment. If someone have a critic, i will be happy to read it. :slight_smile:
1.zip (872 KB)

just abbout the .gif animation, you did it on ortho mode? if yes i will sugest make on normal camera.
and abbout the lady bug, i really liked this model.
good work!

Thank you very much! Yes it is ortho, i will try on normal.