Broken Frame

Hi,
Here is my latest work, rendered in Luxrender.
The problem is that it doesn’t share the mood that i wanted it to share and it takes a lot of time for the viewer to realize what is happening in the scene. but i can’t really see the cause of it.
Don’t hesitate to mention any downsides that you see.
Thanks

Well I like the scene. I like the color, I like the bright space. You dont have enough black to contrast the white, but it seems to work. Thats not easy to do. I see you only have 32 posts, so this is pretty good. Lets break it down…You have a dark foreground, a white break, then a lesser mid, and a shatterd white. Shadows are pretty sweet. Whats that sharp twig of a shadow? A mistake or ment it? Breaking the pic? If you could fix the trans in the curtain that would help. The only real problem I have is the picture. Is that a clock hands? I just like that you have kept the color tones really balanced. Lets see more.

Yes, that shadow is a mistake. i will try to fix that.

How should i fix the curtain? should i make it more transparent? (i have tried many different materials for that but i can’t get it work with SSS so it’s a bit darker than reality but is that what you meant?)

And about the picture… there is no picture in the scene, that frame is just empty, so…

Thanks.