Removing "Fish Bones" from 3D Beziers in Blender 2.7

In the process of switching from Blender 2.49 to 2.70, I’ve run into a problem. 3D Bezier curves are normally displayed in edit mode with “fish bones” that indicate the direction and twist of the curve. Often when viewing several complex curves I’ve found it useful to temporarily suppress the fish bones. In 2.49, in the Curve Tools1 panel, changing NSize from 0.100 to something like 0.001 effectively suppresses the fish bones. So far I have not found an equivalent ability in Blender 2.70.

If there is a way, I’d love to hear about it.

in the edit mode of the curve… and in the N toolbar… there is a option header called Curve Display… where you can enable /disable the handles, the normal (what you are talking about) and changing the normal size… if you just disable the normal it wont come up.

doublebishop, thanks, that works. I forgot about the tool panel that can be revealed by clicking that little ‘+’ sign in the corner. :slight_smile:

That toolbar is usually for viewport based properties… such as curve options / 3d grid / only render / relationship lines etc.etc.etc… so if you are looking for a viewport based option… it is probably there somewhere!