If i see another Maya, Modo, XSI thread on here ill lose my temper

Right, Have to admit I’ve had my head in other things for the last few weeks. But for the love of Jebus if I see any more idiot threads about nonsense like this my interest in helping and providing new code in the realtime area will dissipate.

That includes threads about Gooseberry, Ton or any other shite that has nothing to do with Blender. Im not saying things can’t be pointed out and discussed but I can’t remember the last time I looked at a interesting or relevant thread on here.

Starting to piss me off. Use it or lose it.

To put it shortly: You are greatly overreacting.

I definitely see where you are coming from but yeah, I think you are overreacting. I try to avoid Gooseberry threads and it works fine so far.

Besides, if you let something like this decide whether you contribute to Blender or not then you cannot have been serious about it from the start.

Misspelling swear words is the same as using them. I think a few hashtags would get your point across.

While i do agree that doing what you see in the SAW series of movies to these people would greatly pleasure me these days, the “Add to ignore list” option in the forums can do marvels as well.

Use it… Be happy :wink:

No one is forcing you to read these threads. There are rules against threads pitting softwares against one another, but ignoring the rest of the 3D field and its tools does no Blender artist any favors, and gives Blender users the reputation of living in a walled garden. Other packages have tools that are, in some cases, better than Blender’s. That’s a tough pill to swallow for some people, but looking at successful approaches from other vendors is, has been, and always will be great inspiration to both Blender’s artists, and its coders. If you’re not okay with benign discussion threads about other packages, you’re free to move along.

EDIT: Moving this thread to off-topic. It doesn’t set up any kind of discussion and serves only as a personal rant/complaint. The News/3D Discussion forums are not the place to get on your soap box about what you demand that other users do/don’t discuss.

So you start another thread about them :stuck_out_tongue: There goes your temper…

Ironically, this thread about not liking idiotic threads has got to be the most idiotic thread that I’ve seen in a long time…

The Blender and CG Discussions forum is for

Discussions related to Blender or other computer graphics. No off-topic chats here please
which as far as I’m concerned can also include discussions of other CG applications and CG projects.

If you are so stressed about some of the subjects discussed in this forum I suggest instead of sitting in front of your computer, you undertake some more delightful activities such as reading a book, listening to some pleasant music, walk through a field, listen to the bird song. These and many other activities will calm your nerves and give to you an appreciation of what there is out there in the world in place of the depressing nature of the activities ‘online’. I find the quack from a mallard has more to contribute to an understanding of the world than many a post on an internet forum.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh, That’s more like it. Simple solution don’t speak shite (that one goes to you Joystick, by your name i think i know what you do for fun, Get your point). Hey look it was about time I pulled negativity my direction rather than Blender, Harley show me something you’ve ever done worth a squirt of piss and ill never say another word in your direction but you seem to just chime in like a pro for circumstance. Seriously though, threads used to be about new papers, examples, experimentation. Now just full of rubbish. Any one have problems with my comments please contact the admins or send me a personal message.

This post seems to have nearly as much nonsense as my previous one. This thread seems to have gone as far as is necessary