Kickflip to FS Boardslide Clip

Hello Guys,

I have done an Animation of one of my favorite Skateboard Tricks:
The kickflip to frontside boardslide to fakie.

The Character is sculpted and textured with photos of my own body. It was pretty funny because the very skinny mesh is not exactly the shape of my body :wink:
I´ve planned to use the cloth simulation for all the cloth of the skater. 3 Weeks and some headache later, i decided to use the armature for the animation of the pants.:wink: The T-Shirt is still moved by the cloth simulation.

Thanks for watching.
And critics and feedback are of course appreciated

Greetings
JonnyDjango

not any suggestion or critcs?

A job well done, jonnydjango! The animation has a nice rhythm, and I like the build up to the character performing the trick! The music and the camera angles gets you excited to see what he’s going to do.

If I had any suggestions, it would be to not show him landing on the ground before showing the alternate angle (it’s the same trick, just from different angles, right?). I would try to cut to a different angle before he slides off the railing, to keep up the energy of the action. As an example, in the Killdozer video on my YouTube channel, I had like 4 or 5 different angles of the dozer pushing through the blocks. There weren’t nearly enough blocks to realistically change camera that many times; the camera would have been cutting to a new view every second otherwise. But since I only showed one action (dozer plowing through blocks), it’s not too jarring to watch, even though we’re essentially rewinding time every time the camera cuts. Does that make sense?

Great video on the whole! The animation was great, I’d love to see more!

Thank you for critics and suggestion James Candy!

I´ve seen your Killdozer Video (great modelling and presentation by the way!) and you´re absolutely right. Cutting the video in 2 parts is not the best way to present this trick. I think i will try another trick in another location and try to keep the energy up till the drop of the slide.

Thank you for your kind words, jonnydjango! I’ll happily take credit for the presentation, but the modeling credit for the bulldozer goes to this guy (I’m assuming it’s Daniel Kreuter) - http://www.blendswap.com/blends/view/27503
All I modeled were the blocks!

Making videos is always a constant learning process. I’m looking forward to seeing your next work!