Can my computer handle blender & unity? Dell Inspiron 530

So my office is upgrading their desktops and they basically gave me one of the old ones. Can it handle running blender and unity?

Dell Inspiron 530
Core 2 Quad Core - not really sure what that means…
8 GB Ram
500 GB HD
Graphics card: GeForece GTX 650 2GB GDDR5 (this one is mine and have yet to install it)
Power Supply: 750w (I’m pretty sure but I’ll have to double check)

It’s an aging machine (the Core 2 Quad chip is around 6 years old), but it should be good enough to run Blender and Unity (F12 Cycles rendering might be a bit slow though).

The GPU actually should be a pretty decent mid-range model so realtime graphics should be smooth.

You will have a pretty big PSU reserve which might be good thing to have if it’s as old as pc. This PC with new GPU should handle blender normally; can’t say anything about Unity - have no user experience but i think it is less demanding.

In browser called Firefox, if rightclick on selection there is a popup menu line - Search Google ( :wink: sorry, could not resist). Wiki has a good amount of historical and technical information on NVIDIA GPUs (your existing GeForce 8300 GS, according to Dell specs, included) and Intel/AMD CPUs and amongst waste of specifics gives general overview which is what.
Here you can see Cycles render test results table - hope your CPU is listed there.