Loading Screen

Hello guys…
I want some help please on making a loading screen for my game… I have defenitly No Idea how to do it.
Thanks in advance !

What exactly do you need help with? Actually making the screen, implementing it into your game, or both?

I need both Actually … Thanks !

Well, the way I’ve seen it done in the past, the most basic loading screens in games are usually just static images that the game loads in during the level transition as something for the player to look at and/or read while they wait for the next level to load. It gets more complicated if you wan to add in an animated progress bar or dynamic text during the loading screen.

I can point you to GIMP and/or Photoshop and some basic tutorials for creating the static imgae for loading screen, but I’m certainly not a programmer, so I can’t really help you when it comes to implementing the loading screen into your game.

Yeah , in fact I want to add a progress bar or text as a loading screen …
do you know any tutorial or something ?
and thanks any way ^^

I don’t know of any tutorials aimed specifically at creating a loading screen for a game, but you can search YouTube and Google for something like “basic Photoshop tutorial” or something, if you’re not familiar with the program yet. If you want to find out how to create a specific visual effect for the image, you can search specifically for how to do that, too.

A lot of it really comes down to the principles of graphic design, when making a good-looking loading screen. Creating a progress bar is done by creating a series of images in a graphics program, and then telling the computer (through programming) when to display each new image, to make the progress bar move across the screen. Creating dynamic text, I really don’t know much of anything about, so I can’t really even suggest where to start with that.

A very simple method to execute the scene is:

Have your loading screen in another scene, in the moment that you need to show it:
-Add it scene(overlay)
-Load the file(or scene) that have the game, level or whatever.
-Delete the loading scene.

All this must be done on the same frame.

So, when blender going to load the game scene, Blender will freeze, but it freezes with the loading scene overloaded, when blender end to load, the loading scene is removed and the freeze end.

About the loading bar, you need to use LibLoad for load the file of the game or level, and use some return methods of it for the bar, but i never test it.