Worms 3D Animation WIP

Today’s progress

16-04-2014
Hello,

Worms 3D!!! Awsome Game. Its been a long time that I played that game.
I’m testing/trying multiple stages in Blender. I’m now focusing on animation, modeling (and texturing). I’m making an animation with the Worm from Worms 3D.

Feel free to comment.

Progress

The.Jack

Hi,
looks like a good start so far! I like the expression of fear on his face :smiley:
I personally wasn’t into worms 3d but rather the older 2d versions. I remember a lot of nights with a couple of friends, plenty of cluster bombs and insane ninja roping :wink:

Are you going to texture the inside of the mouth or even model some teeth? That would look awesome. The fingertips could be a bit more puffy imo but besides that very good likeliness!

Most addictive game ever! I really love that game. I really prefer the 2D worms but that one looks amazing! Hope you will make those crazy helmets for it.

I’m really liking the model. Looking forward to seeing your final animation, Worms was one of my favourite childhood games :slight_smile:

Thanks all for your supportive comments

Are you going to texture the inside of the mouth or even model some teeth?

Yes, i’m gonna texture the inside of his mouth. Probably some teeth too, for when he’s scared or angry.

The fingertips could be a bit more puffy

Thanks for the heads-up, i’m gonna spend some time on that.

Hope you will make those crazy helmets for it.

Haha, When i’m done with modeling the worm and/or environment or having time for it, I’m definitely gonna make some funny helmets :slight_smile:

Update 24-4-2014

It took a while to get a new update posted, because of my exams I had last week.
What I’ve done since my first post was:

I set up an armature:

And changing the look and hands of the Worm:

This makes me really wan to play worms! Are you going to animate a little war themed gag like in the game’s cutscenes?

Are you going to animate a little war themed gag like in the game’s cutscenes?

Yes, I’m thinking of making a funny short clip or a battle.

I can’t wait to see some animations, what a nostalgic project :’)

Update 26-4-2014

Made a turntable

Update 1-5-2014

Spend some time on animation. Not very satisfied, gonna spend some more time tunning the animations

Tell me what you think of it.

hahaha, pretty nice…I totally forgot about the backflip for jumping on stuff!
The timing of the flip looks a bit unnatural, though. Maybe you could stretch it out a little on the z-axis so that it looks more like a beanbag that is thrown up and then falls down.

Update 10-5-2014
It tooks some time for a new update, but now I have alot to show you guys.
I started experimenting with his facial expression.
I started with the little war themed gag as Scotchtapeworm expressed it so well.

I made a helmet

And a grenade

And a made a cool pose for the as a preview of the animation

Made a turntable of it

Another one from another view

Update 21-05-2014

I left the animation part to rest for a week or so, i think. So I started with this cool pose.
Here’s what I have now.

As always, comments are welcome.

(Original Resolution was for some reason not uploadable)

Looks good… try giving voice and make a short story.

This is a really cool project!

For the backflip, there’s one thing animation-wise I’d like to comment on. If you stand up and act out a backflip, your arms will swing behind you, your back will bend down with your head, and then you’ll come up for the jump. Your worm puts its hands forward during the anticipation but it’d need to put them behind itself for the right momentum.

Also, very little thing, but adding a blink here and there is a quick way to make any animation more believable. Looking good so far, keep it up!