Need to advice for my new work

Hey everyone! I have been browsing these awesome forums and learning something every page.
I’m working on a “RPGish” action sequence and could use some advice.

This is my dungeon where a fight scene will take place, but I need to know how to make it function faster…
I have 8 lamps so I’m sure this is a dealbreaker ATM. Also is there anyway to make a material on the dungeon
walls render faster?

Should I just make a single static image for the walls with the blue lighting texture embedded?
I am at a loss to make this render in a timely matter. Instead I have been hiding these
setting props on a different layer to see how it will turn out.

Thank you very much!

Can you use a mesh to light an area? Basically, everywhere inside a sphere would be lit and everywhere outside would be unlit.
I’m sure I’ve seen this done in other games; like LoZ: Wind Waker.

The game engine isn’t my strong point right now, so I can’t help beyond giving ideas.

I’m assuming this is a set for a short as opposed to a game level. Two options I can think of: make an orthographic render in blender of each wall…or at least any wall that’s unique. Then use it as a texture.
Or look into “baking your textures” it’s in the render panel all the way at the bottom. I haven’t delved too much into it personally but I know you can make full render bakes and normal map bakes and generally anything to speed up render time. Just go on YouTube. Everything’s on YouTube… Everything!

Thank you very much for your input and it has helped immensely! Yes, I went back to Youtube and have watched nearly 40 sequential tutorials and feeling great! Love this program.

Hey! I’m glad I could help…in my opinion the best part about problems and frustration is the feeling of having figured it out and solved the problem. Good luck with your project, I really love how your little guy looks! :slight_smile: