unity beginner

Is anyone else here programming in unity? I am start out programming in it.Could you show me some of the things you done with it?I am trying to rotate a box on collision.

I’m not a user myself, but I hear Unity in general is a bit more dependent on programming than the BGE (no logic bricks or visual programming without spending money on plug-ins).

You can use the components to quickly get something off the ground, but you will still need to program if you don’t want your Unity game to feel exactly like thousands of others.

If the BGE hasn’t already taught you all of the needed programming concepts, Unity isn’t going to make it any easier.

I’ve actually got a kids game made from unity…it’s got enough detail and stuff to keep the young 'uns entertained for yonks.

Try out “Jump start Preschool”

There’s a ready market for this kind of stuff.

Berg Zerg $ AwfulMedia on youtube can help, also check out my game and the unity package for it here. I’ve been using it for a little more than a month.

Planetkiller it looks good.Is that the only game you made?

I am working on a fps with Unity. There’s a link in my signature.

Yes, that is the only game I’ve made since I’ve only been using unity for a month. I’m currently working on a game called “PlanetClicker” similar to cookie clicker, then I’ll create my ChronoStepper (a timecycle package with seasons, moon, sun, and day/night cycles). Afterward I’ll start with the component parts for a major game.

Is ChronoStepper going to be free or will you have to buy it.Will there be a version of it that you can try before you buy?

I was going to sell it for $1 on the unity shop, but if I could use it to drive people to my site and possibly support my work with donations I’d be inclined to release it free. Hadn’t thought of a free-to-try version, but if I do sell it I may allow a free-to-try that only has a day-night cycle; no months or seasons. I’m currently half-through with PlanetClicker (day three now), just need to add the acts (achievements), meteor and vortices, and change the planet component sizes (and particles) with the amount of elements you have. Then I’ll have to create and add SFX and music (using sunvox).