Video Game Project Start Up- Production Crew Needed

Hi everyone. First I’d like to say that I’m fairly new to 3D and everything that comes with it. I’m starting to get the hang of Blender, and I’m starting to feel very ambitious. So ambitious to the point that I want to create a video game. Now I know that that’s biting off more than I can chew, but I’m dedicated and hard working. This is definitely something that I want to do. I love playing video games and I really want to make one of my own. See, I’ve always loved video games because they allow the player to enter a new world. The player can get lost in this new world. They can do as much as the game will allow them to. I’ve always wondered how people were able to create these worlds, and now I’m close to the truth. I know most of you will look at me as a small fry, but this small fry has a lot of ambition, perseverance, and dedication.

I hope that top paragraph was convincing enough for any of you to put faith in me. Now, onto business. I need help creating a video game. Creation hasn’t really started yet but my writer and I have come up with a few ideas. The genres are action, 3rd person shooter. The setting is a post apocalyptic city that is under the control of a huge corporation. The idea may be similar to resident evil. We have an idea of what the protagonist will look like. And so, these are all the ideas we have came up with.

What we are looking for:
3D artists (Indefinitely)
Animators
And anyone with knowledge of how to use Blender’s game engine

Anyone who wants to join our project will get to throw in their ideas so long as they are relevant to the setting and genres. It’s only fair.

Well , im kind of similar to you , im basically a Vb.Net coder and while working with (i should say learning ) DirectX and XNA , the simplest way was to use 3D models , thats why i started with blender as i wanted to make models myself (also tried unity but it is a whole game engine , didnt do much there as couldnt find nice easy tuts to start with , most wasnt working with new unity version ) i would like to work with Action RPG mostly ,
What i can :-

1. Develop game logic and level Design

2. Gameplay design and interface

3. creating models (as u can see i started learning blender just 2 months ago and dont have any experience with lowpoly models , except some as im making some items for DotA 2 )

I dont have any knowledge of blender game engine and animations (but as im going to complete my 3rd human model now , i will start rigging and animation for them,i will learn that soon )
    Creating a high graphics game (considering triangles per sec , idk why they use triangles only but most of games including dota use triangles ) wont be possible for me as my laptop cant handle it .
    What i expect form group :- i dont want to work with people who want just others to work for them , who quit projects just becoz they dont have enough people helping them , being ambitious doesnt mean that they actually work , most of people are just quiters coz they think its hard , if u come in such , then forgive me .
    What i would like you to show in order to join you :- nice story-line , concept arts (which should not be similer to other games out there) and basic features of game (i.e. how it will be different and more nice to play than other games out there )
    And i would also like to know how many of you are already working and what are current progress , along with how much time you spare for this project
    I can work totally free considering the game will be free to play , as it will be learning experience for me , if u have plans of selling it , i would think abt it .
    Reply if interested :smiley:

I seen what the others are saying about this but if you need someone to do some animations I can help. What I"m best at are cut-seen animations, can back ground animations. Like something in the distant running or some one waving, ext ext. I have to say tho you should get more of an idea what your going to do for this game. How I see this going is one of them games were it never done because someone comes up with something new ever day. I will help still I just love doing animations that is why I will help.

Hello

Thank you for the advice. But, the reason why I posted was to recruit a production crew that would like to write AND create a game with me. I want them to contribute their skills and their ideas so long as they correspond to the setting and genre that I had said. I want them to be as much apart of the game as I am.

Thank you for posting