DAE textures not importing after exporting from Blender

Hi,

I’m having difficulty getting DAE models exported from Blender to import back into Blender with the textures intact. For example, if I

• use the default cube
  • UV unwrap it and load an image
  • create a new Texture for that material, type ‘Image or Movie’ and select the same image, under ‘Mapping’ set co-ordinates to ‘UV’ and map to the default ‘UVMap’ option
    (I can see the cube textured in Blender)
  • File>Export>DAE, select ‘Include Material Textures’

I’ve also tried all combinations of ‘Include Material Textures’ and ‘Include UV Textures’ but none work.

If I open this file in MeshLab I can see that the cube is textured correctly but if I import it into Blender, the cube has no textures. I can see that the material has a texture and that the texture is set up with the right image but it’s not being applied to any of the faces.

I am using version 2.70a.

Can someone please explain how I can get the textures to be imported back into Blender?

I tried following the steps in that thread. If I switch to GLSL mode I can see the textures on the model but if I select a face and go to UV/Image Editor the image isn’t assigned there. Is there a way to have them appear here as before?

I have attached the .blend file I’m using.

Attachments

Cube3.blend (472 KB)

I can see the textures on the model but if I select a face and go to UV/Image Editor the image isn’t assigned there

Confirmed here, blender-2.70-e2cbfb7-linux-glibc211-x86_64, Apr13 from buildbot.