SwordHill

Im trying to learn. I am new to blender. Honest feedback please

not bad for a first try.
but the sun should not have a red ring around it and it seems to be horizontally blurred. the grasss is WAY too perfect (and tiny), if you are using particles use a medium-strength comb brush and drag it all over the place, and also a medium-strength length brush to variate the lengths a bit.
the sword handle is way too thin, it looks like it would snap, and the blade is should be thinner than the crossbar or whatever its called, and if the blade is actually supposed to cut something the edges should be pointy…right? and give the sword smooth shading, you can see that its flat shaded right now.
also the little red glowing thing on the sword is too low-poly (if its meant to be a crystal or something than try refraction+lamp), subsurf it.
finally, the grass is low-poly too, if your computer can handle it add a subsurf too.
other than that not so bad :slight_smile:

Quite nice. You should use image based lighting though. Also the sword is far too low poly. And, I think it would be neat if the sword was in a stone, but that’s just my opinion. :wink: