Surely not the best...

… but for our new “Gustav-Obermeyer-Calendar” which will explain the history of engineering. I have stolen some motives of famous art works and movies :slight_smile: and tried to interpret them in my way. Well, I am hobby blender user and have only 1/2 year of experiences. Therefore be graceful with your critics ;). My photographer ist VERY good. He got the right light and the right positions for the models. The monolith is one of our machine models, the FM 10.

Originally rendered at 4200x4200 px for the calendar.

Greetings THomas

It have to be I-phone here
1x4x9 ideal proportions in 2001

I am not sure exactly what the political reaction will be to this piece, given that you have topless black women as stand-ins for savage, early hominid apes… but I am sure it will not be good.

http://i.imgur.com/TtRut.gif

Its ok Kemmler, I don’t think shirts were invented back then. Ok, time to go.
[video]http://i.imgur.com/Fv1xP.gif[/video]

maybe a nudity warning?

Do you REALLY think that? The first human beings lived in Africa and they were colored. “White” as we call ourselves (I think it’s more than “yellow-ish”) is a mutation which did no harm because in the Northern hemisphere it was cold and often cloudy. Honestly I didn’t think of it until right now (I asked these women for photos <non-professionals> because they are pretty) - but you… Therefore: “Honni soit qui mal y pense”.

Well political correctness is a shear in your head. I wonder why it is political correct to see in TV exploding bodies and shootings in a crime film but the a breasts naked - wow what a crime! I thinks that’s pretty bigoted. BRAVE NEW WORLD!

main issue of “political” here is, as i unnderstood from your speech - comeare apes with nigers. Ok, we can draw wite people, and it will look not so natural, because europeans looks weak.

I don’t know about your locale, but in the US it’s considered extremely racist to compare monkeys/apes and black people, because that is a long-standing tradition among white supremacists, among other reasons. I don’t see how one can avoid seeing such a comparison here. And… now I’m really gone from this thread for good.

USA makes apes from people. I see that english people came and take slaves from Africa. This is too bad for me. In other hand, compear to ape is ok. Maybe because i’m russian/ukrainian. We had not slavery never. There was Krepostnichestvo till 1864 year, and this was not slavery, but between slavery and feodalism and freedom. And it was wrong too.

Sorry, that’s nonsense. I just wanted to draw attention to the first human beings. The picture is called “Aufbruch der Menschheit” which means roughly “Awakening of Mankind” and the first human beings were black because they came for East Africa. Therefore we all stem from these first Homo Sapiens Sapiens. I have never had in mind to picture “apes”. Is this hypersensitivity because of your bad conscience?
BTW: the girls aren’t professionals, they both have “common professions”. Perhaps we are more relaxed with that because we live in social society without “slums”, “ghettos” and so on.

I’m German. It’s worth to say: no Nazi, relatives fought for the US army during WWW II and against Nazis as resistant fighter. Better to mention that because of so many clichés.

I understand why you would be upset, but please refrain from bringing politics into an art forum.