Using too many edgeloops bad for the mesh ?

I am modelling a car and I have used too many edgeloops in certain places where they are not needed .Is this bad for the mesh after using subsurf modifier?

Well you want to keep your mesh as simple as possible,it’s easier to change things when you don’t have unnecessary things around.

You can select an edge loop with ‘alt+right’ click on the edgeloop and then press ‘x > edgeloop’ to delete it.

You have just answered your question.

• have used too many edgeloops in certain places where they are not needed.
    If they are not needed, so why they are there?
    They will just lower fluency of work (if there are waay to many of them, that Your computer can’t handle it) and increase rendertime.
    And its easier to control nice curve flow on car if there are less edges.

Thanks for the answer.I thought that using edgeloops improved the mesh but now I know that I was wrong.I realised that I was wrong when I gave the car materials and rendered it the reflections came out pretty bad.But when I started deleting edgeloops the reflections became a lot nicer and a few minutes ago I started modelling the car again and I just finished a small part and when I rendered it it was better than the other one.Even though I am not an expert in topology it came out good.Thank u again for that.Can u please suggest some tips to have a good and smooth topology.Thanks again