Irregular reflection while rendering a car

After modelling a car I decided to give it materials and lighting.I followed Jonathan Williamson’s car rendering tutorial which is a good tutorial btw.After giving materials his car gets smooth reflections but I get really rugged and irregular reflections after rendering.I have no idea what to do.Any kind of help is really appreciated.(btw does toppology play an important role in reflections?)

Try to double check normals, and “smooth normals” on meshes. Hard to tell w/o example image.

Please help us help you. Some screenshot of the render and explanation what you don’t like, lighting setup, materials, give us anything.
Reflections are the objects and lights reflected in your surface, so what gets reflected depends on what you have in the scene and how it gets reflected depends on your geometry, lighting and material.
That’s all that can be said basing on info you gave us.

Sorry for that Bartek Skorupa.Will surely post a screenshot.I will explain to u the setup that I used in the scene.I used a softbox and a plane in the front of the car for highlighting the emblem both with an emission shader.I put the world to black and the car rests on a plane with a glossy and diffuse shader.There are no other objects in the scene.The car paint that I have used is a bit reflective.will put a screen shot of that too.The reflections are bad and I believe that the geometry is a mess too and it might have destroyed the reflections in that way too.But nothing can be said by just explaining so will surely post the screenshots.