Particles not deleting?

I’m trying to build a city, and by making the roads I’m clearing out some of the buildings… But it’s not clearing. It did at first as shown here:

And everything worked fine. I saved my work, and then later the day I started working on it again but this time when I deleted the plane surface the particles weren’t deleting with it… So it looked like this.

What am I doing wrong? I was doing everything the same as before.

Have you made sure to reset the particle cache?
For that, jump back to the first frame (Ctrl + left arrow) and
increase/decrease the number of particles by a fraction to make sure the cache resets.

I’m actually a noob to blender… and have no idea what you mean. Could you explain more thoroughly so it goes through my thick skull?

If it they are still showing up you more than likely have a cached state for the emission of the particles that is prior to the mesh being edited. Free all bakes from the cache in the Particles panel and go back to Frame 1 (or whichever frame you have the particle emission start on) to regenerate the particles and begin a new cache for the edited mesh.

I clicked Free All Bakes, and it didn’t do anything. I moved the timeline bar to frame one, but the particles still aren’t being deleted with it.