Bowl of Wonder

So I’ve been dreaming of doing this for a long time and thought it would be too hard. I was happily mistaken! Managed to crank this out in a day, it’s not perfect but I like it!!! Feel free to use as a computer wallpaper, the dimensions are for my screen, 1280x800.

Done in Cycles, rendered at 1000 samples. Post-pro done in Paint.NET and the blender compositor.
The background sky is also done in Paint.NET.

Here are a couple close ups.

One more update, another wallpaper set up.

I’d like chill there. I can just imagine Einstien in a speedo leaning against those trees, getting a tan or something while thinking up another saying.

Thats a genius idea! Ha ha! Thanks!

Albert Einstein indeed said this… (sarcasm) Nice render tough :smiley:

I got the quote online I have no clue if he said it but that’s what the internet said :stuck_out_tongue:

Here’s another “bowl” I made today.

now, add scat (or whatever the nut-eating critter from ice age is) onto that winter shot XD! very cool :smiley:

Haha, YES!!! I need to learn how to model and texture animals…

Its scrat. SCat is poop. LOL. Great images! If I was allowed to I would put it as our desktop background.

I know I posted this thread a while ago but, I want to share this new iphone/ipod wallpaper that I made. The resolution is exactly double your normal iphone’s screen res.

Love it :smiley:

If you do not mind … I created a (n00b) low poly version of this. Not done yet

http://i62.tinypic.com/2eurk7m.png

Looks great!!! Yeah just keep it low poly and I don’t mind :slight_smile:

Big update is rendering right now. The render is crazy huge though, 3000x3000 at 1500 samples!!! Luckily the world is set to transparent so it will speed things up a bit. 1/8th of the way finished and already 6 hours into rendering.

@SolidSeal: looks a bit like mine craft :stuck_out_tongue:

Note to self: Don’t exit out of a render that finished the night before when it’s early in the morning and you’re rushing out the door.

Soooo HUGE render andddd I forgot to save it! Wooo…

o0 bummer :smiley:
48h render?

@Solidseal No but probably around 6-8 hours.

To the gallery with you, my boy!

Hahaha!!! Thanks a ton! I can only wish right now. Hopefully soon I’ll make it up there on features. I’ve been learning a lot about blender recently.

Looks great! :smiley:

How did you make the palm tree trunks?