Auditorium Center

The interesting architecture of the Auditorium Center ( HZ 2 /Campus Flensburg / Germany) can not change the fact that the most lectures are terrible boring but it can be an inspiration.

Hope you like it :slight_smile:

images are great, but very noisy

Thank you easydream!
Yes you are right they are a bit too noisy…
I rendered them with 3000 samples ~ 6h.
Maybe I rerender them when I have the patience to wait.

@up3d, ​ that is strange, usually on fullGI on 3000 there are no noise what settings are you using?

I use just the normal settings, no Causics, no AO… I think its not unusual because Cycles and Indoor- Scenes are not the best friends :cool:
The lighting also enhanced the noise…

up3d, i’m working in archviz for commercial and on practice i found that all surnamed “guru settings” are suxx, just belive me i rendered this scene for 1.5 hours on GTX 770 2500 samples https://st.fl.ru/users/easydream/upload/f_26752e8aaae4eb90.png just belive me that default fullGI is the best for less noisy interiors

cycles “problem” is noise on ceiling but fullGI solves it pretty good. I spent more than a month looking for best settings, balansing between samples count and bounces count and finally i got that blender programmers are clever guys - they made a preset that is really good for interiors - full GI and exteriors - limited GI

I dont use any „guru settings“ but I try to undertand the Engin…
In my opinion the settings really depends on how you set up your scene… Look at your scene for example… there is not much geometry and just a few emitters. In my scene is very much geometry and a lot of emitters + a Sun- Lamp.
I have to enhaunce the Samples… there is no other way :wink:
btw. Full GI would be more noisy because of more bounces. Or I`m wrong?

nope more bounces=less noise

this childroom has carpet - i think that this carpet in mesh has more faces that all your scene ( i hope that all your chairs are instances)

also - take a look at this scene

1.5 hours 2500 samples fullGI

and yep if you’re using meshlights in lamps instead of spots you’ll have more noise :slight_smile:

also take a look at this nodegroup - it can help you in reducing noise

…nope more bounces=less noise

Okay, but as you can see its not…
Of cause I used instances but I almost run out of memory… (670SC 4GB)
I also try spots but then its a nice picture of fireflies ^^

I rerendered the pictures…
4000 Samples Full GI , Clamp (d=4) (i=2). ~ 5.5h

great!!! atmosphere is full
to reduce noise (GTX 570 Ti) i make bigger picture and making postprocessing size reducing to reach smoothness. Some benefits from this trick and no more than two houres of render to print on A4