Cuda 5.0?

So I’m really stupid about the back end of Blender, as I had to teach myself how to use the front end. My question is: Do any versions of Blender support Cuda 5.0 in the GPU render for cycles? I’ve searched and searched, and the closest I’ve come are threads that address a 5.0 toolkit. However, it seems to me that the toolkit is for developers, which I am not. Is there anything on graphicall I can use? I have a big project due in November and am hoping I can find something by summertime to get started with. Thanks so much!

Hi, do you mean Compute Capability 5.0 for Nvidia Maxwell Cards?
No, it is not official supported but there are builds here and a pre compiled kernel there:

Blender 2.70 with CC 5.0
http://www.blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?327909-Cycles-NVidia-MAXWELL-Benchmarks&p=2602924&viewfull=1#post2602924

CC 5.0 kernel (copy to 2.70/scripts/addons/cycles/lib)
http://download.blender.org/release/Blender2.70/cycles_sm50_cuda/

2.71 will be build with Toolkit 6.0 and support CC 5.0 cards.

Cheers, mib.

Thanks so much for your prompt reply. I appreciate it greatly! As for my card, it’s just one of those Geforce GTX 750 Ti’s and I got an error message on the viewport render that said CUDA binary kernal for compute capability 5.0 not found, so I guess you answered my question. Thanks again!

mib2berlin please clearify “2.71 will be build with Toolkit 6.0 and support CC 5.0 Cards.” - Does this mean that official builds from 2.71 and forward will support Cuda 5.0? Because I have the exact same issue as Ahbye, same card and running unofficial build to make it work!..

2.71 will be build with Toolkit 6.0 and support CC 5.0 cards.

Cheers, mib.

Thats great! Im in process of buying a GTX 750 Ti. Now i`m using GT 630 and Blender 2.71. Yayy :slight_smile:

Hi Encia, sorry for the late reply, CC meant Compute Capability and GTX has CC 5.0.
You need Cuda toolkit 6.0 or higher to support CC 5.0.
Blender 2.72 is compiled with toolkit 6.5 and support 5.0 and hopefully next generation cards too.

Cheers, mib