Problem with object location setting

Can someone help me fix the location point on this object? The dot/pivot point (little yellow dot) is supposed to be in the center of the object, but it is way out from the object making it pivot around a large area. This makes it hard to properly append it to another scene/object. How do I fix this? I’ve tried the snap function, apply scale, apply rotation, apply location, clear origin, clear location, and nothing works. It will not put the pivot point in the center of the object so that the location can be set at the center of the grid. Not even the pivot point options fix this.

Attachments

SkeletonKeyKnob.blend (452 KB)

Object > Transform > Origin to geometry.
Btw. its called object’s origin point, not pivot point. But it can be pivot point also, just like cursor can be, face, edge etc.

http://www.pasteall.org/blend/28424

You had a bunch of double vertices;
to move pivot - that would be Edit mode, select face (or faces. edges, vertices); Shift-S cursor to selected, then Object mode T-panel, Origin to 3d cursor.

Edit: i was slower… Still, it happens that Geometry is not where you want Origin point to be. Selection and 3d cursor can help to define this according to plan ;).