Most efficient method at making invisible walls?

I’m using planes as “invisible walls”, but when my character walks (and jumps) into it, it either:

A) Tries walking up it as if ‘step height’ were a factor in this, but the plane is a lot taller than it, and it’s perfectly vertical.
B) Gives the player a massive jump boost. (Only after messing around with Collision Bounds)

Seems like it’s an issue with how you’ve got your movement system set up.
So how are you doing movement?

Indeed it does not sound as the walls are the source of this effects.

For the motion, I have 9 empties surrounding the player. Pressing either W,S,A or D makes the character track whichever.
To make it go, I’m using Character motion, the physics are character as well.

If it’s not supposed to restrict the total movement possibilities to just 9 directions like an old-school grid-based game, then I hate to break it to you, but it might be a piece of over-engineering in a bid to avoid the use of Python.

Also, the character physics type is somewhat underwhelming in part because of its current state in Bullet itself, you’re better off making your own using the ‘dynamic’ type as the base.

I can’t remember where I got the 3rd person template from…
but other than the boost when jumping at the wall, it’s perfectly usable. I have a plane following a camera (which follows the player) which is why I still use the ‘S’ key. You CAN walk back, but not past the camera.

If what I’m doing is a bad idea, I could have the camera fall back when the player walks towards the camera… but I can’t figure out how to make it work properly.
What I did —> Near(INVERT) AND Motion + TRACKto so this way, the camera would follow the player, and turn slightly to the left/right.
Doing the opposite (Near AND Motion) to make the camera move towards the screen when walking back makes the camera go up to the sky.

Such frustration
Many anger

WOW
Just realized there’s a camera logic brick…

How could I make it so it doesn’t eventually aim in the direction the player is facing?
Cause so far, it’s exactly what I’m looking for.

HUZZAH!!
I used constraints to stop the camera from turning to it’s side. (The camera initially starts behind the player, if he turned to either side, it would eventually return. Kinda like slow parent was on.)

Hmm… upon further examination, it’s not flawless. But it’ll have to do for now.
Thanks everyone!