2nd monitor not remembering 2nd viewport position and scale.

Hey guys I’m on a Mac 10.8.5, and I’ve setup my user preferences to open up Blender with a 2nd Blender window (just showing the 3d View to use on my 2nd monitor. Unfortunately when I open Blender that 2nd window always opens in my main monitor and doesn’t remember to start in the 2nd monitor.

Is there anyway around that?

No one else had that problem?

I’m on linux, but I do have dual monitors. All I did was get everything arranged the way I want as my default start setup, and then saved it as my startup.blend (Ctrl U or File -> Save Starup File). It even remembers to start full screen on both monitors. Not sure if that would work on Mac, but if you haven’t tried it…

joe

Yeah tried that joededman and although it remembers the 2nd monitor window size it doesn’t remember to position it back in the 2nd monitor :frowning:

Size and position blender then save as start-up file (Ctrl + U). Will open in the saved size.

No one else had that problem?

Yep, Blender has never remembered windows positioned on my second monitor under Windows 7 – except it DOES remember the render window if I’ve specified render to New Window and positioned it on the second monitor and saved the layout with Ctrl+U as sporthybrid says. If I change that window to e.g. a 3D view and do all the saving again, Blender forgets about it.