material colours wash out when appending from other files

The issue has to do with color management and I cant seem to find a way around it…if display device is set to sRGB appended objects with material colors and textures that make use of colors will be very pail …changing display device to “none” will bring the colors back for the appended models but wash out preexisting models in the scene…is there a way to easily stabilize this kind of situation…this is a blender internal project BTW

anybody? knows

nobody has encountered this…or might have idea of what is going on…sigh…I don’t know why I even bother sometimes.

There is an option in the texture properties that is called Input Color Space. You have diferent choices, linear, sRGB, etc.
Maybe it helps.

doesn’t exist for the blend texture type and still leaves the base material color faded…color management doesn’t seem to recognize some states already exists when a model is appended and amplifies them or something that much is clear…the thing is u open up a file with those materials they display well regardless of any state info…append 2.4x object …no issue colors are fine…issues seems to occur more with old files edited\saved in 2.6x before the introduction of the color management stuff…but why does 2.4x materials append with correct colours, but the “pre colour management” 2.6 edited materials don’t…that’s just weird

also some of these files have continuously edited through several builds of 2.6-2.7 but won’t append with the color info intact