VSE Multicam, problem with audio channels

Greetings Blender artists,

Using Blender’s VSE Multicam effect I am trying to cut up a video consisting out of 2 videos each using different audio. I’m trying to achieve the following:

• When Clip1 is shown, only Clip1’s audio can be heard and Clip2’s audio is muted.
  • When there’s a cut to Clip2, only Clip2’s audio can be heard and Clip1’s audio is muted.

Problem is that the multicam effect seems to solely cut between video and not audio, even though they’re forged in a metastrip on their respective channels. Meaning that all throughout the video, no matter what clip is showing, both clip’s audio can be heard.

Does anyone know how to accomplish said task?

Image of setup:

Thanks in advance.

Audio in blender’s vse is treated as always on. It cannot be occluded like video nor switched by another source. But you can manually mute it.
the multicam is supposed to function as a switch between multiple vision sources with 1 common audio track.

So it’s not broken sorry.

Oh, well, that’s a shame. Thanks for your reply.

You probably could add a driver to the volume values read from the multicam switch value. But I haven’t tried it.

How can I select the multicam effect’s value in the Driver’s menu?

Good question. I suggest blnderstack site as I’m not sure.
http://blender.stackexchange.com/

test driver.blend (588 KB)

Ok so it turns out that you can Drive both the Volume value and the Mute property of an audio strip, from another strip property.

To do this you must not use the multicam split function, instead keyframe the track selection. Use this property to drive the audio.

The VSE properties can be accessed as Single properties via the Scene id block. And the expression can alter true / false for mute, or specific volume levels of each track.

Here is another version from Quollism
http://www.pasteall.org/blend/28467

Adding a driver to the volume works fine in Blender itself, but once rendered out the audio decides to stop switching and only streams the audio that was active at the start. Video switches fine, though.

Adding a driver to the mute boolean seems to show the audio clips hiding in the VSE, yet in both Blender and in the rendered video both audio clips are heard. Video still switches fine.

Honestly I couldn’t get the mute driver to work correctly. But I’m not sure why the volume one doesn’t render?