return of blender for munchieman

Ok so I used to use blender a few years back and when i moved home i never really found the time to continue playing about with it, i knew prety much the basics but i had to teach myself again how to do it properly

I started my easing in to blender process with a unusual way, i started to create a car "this is a task i have only attempted once and it was not successful, anyways 24 hours later and this is what i have come up with, its nowhere near complete yet but im happy with how it is looking right now

Attachments

Eleanor is a beuty.

Im glad you think so :slight_smile:
its nowhere near perfect the topology is prety good but my knowledge is letting me down,
i have no doors which means breaking the windows to get into Eleanor hehe

the finer details are letting me down because im finding myself deforming the car slightly getting them, however since this was only attempt number 1 im satisfied that i have grasped and retained a lot of my basic knowledge so now im starting from fresh to try and get better details

few things ive realised since attempt 1 is
the hood actually has a vent which is missing in my model,
2 the lights are seperate and im looking into how i can make them with the original mesh instead of duplicating cyclinders and sticking them to the front

Ive also realized that blender has improved and i can now assign multiple pictures to different views, so I have set it up so each camera now holds the appropriate image which saves me moving the car around too much (or the background image)

Ill keep you updated and post updates on how im getting along as and when i do it , but for now, getting a chineese, watching a movie before i return to it :slight_smile:

Update : started with the bonnet, this time made sure to add the vent in, and hopefully it should be a bit smoother with my added understanding, please if you spot something wrong or can offer any sort of advice can you let me know, it would be good to nip things in the bud rather then go through it all only to find mistakes that arent easy to fix on the spot

thanks

Update : So the next part of my project i decided to do the front of the vehicle, however in my initial I had it all as one part
this time i have created a new item for the front of the vehicle, i started off looking at the vehicle and realised that its hard to see the lights in these blueprints, but from a reference image (which is not identical but extremely similar)

you can see that the lights go inwardly so i have tried to recreate that

Points of interest on my learning…
I noticed that the bonnet looked really nice and smooth, but the rest it was dark, so after looking more into blender I realized that my normals could be inverted on the entire front section of the vehicle, and after recalculating these i finally came up with something i was a little happier with

Update : May not seem like much has changed since my last update but I have fixed some of the smaller finer details

Added the bumper and then added space on the bumper for indicators which i had missed in the initial attempt,
the metalic strip around the edge of the front was also added
and finally completed the wheel rim

extra finer details : Added a plate on the side of the car which again i missed in my initial project, and added a bit of depth to the bonnet

Update : Ok so getting further into this now, and the further i get in the more im finding it difficult to sustain a clean mesh, dont have a clue if im using far too many loops etc etc but we will see if i can sustain what im doing

The door was a nightmare, and im not 100% happy with it, so if anybody has any ideas or could tell me how i can improve it then please do let me know (missing the finer details on the door + still need to add windows)

ok so a quick wireframe of my vehicle, just curious if its normally like this, or is it too messy?

Update : car is now finally taking real shape

firstly i have added the roof, secondly i cleaned up some of the faces at the rear of the car where the roof meets the spoiler

finally adding some none essentials, made a start on the logo which is quite small and cant be seen in many places just the front of the car currently as i noticed it on the blue prints

Update : car is coming along nicely, spent a day on the “mustang logo” which i have now placed on the vehicle and must admit i have surprised myself with how well it came out

Update : havent really updated this in a few days but i have done alot to it

1… The car now has a base
2… all windows have been added in
3… Tyres been added
4… Break Lights on back of car have been slightly adjusted
5… Extra details

added some basic materials onto the car for a initial render to see how it is coming out :slight_smile:

update : added some new materials to make the car look better