personal ban

I would like to leave now, please deactivate my account from BA. Maybe somewhere else perhaps.

Craig, what are you speaking of?

Is it a joke I hope

paolo

His opinion is that his recent experiences here is making it undesirable to stay. If there is anyone who is making this place really difficult to remain active in then you should report him to the administration, as it’s not worth seeing the actions of one member drive away many more.

Agree, or just ignore them.

It’s not good for us to miss a clever and fine member because of some blockhead (And let him show its nature by his own words).

paolo

craig has reached the point in his life where any added stress could result in major heart attacks xD

Dear Mr. Jones, I’m with you.
I too had my moments of frustration in this forum. At one point some member of this forum even collected bits and pieces of my posts here, ripped them out of context and posted them on another software forum (where I go by the same nickname) to “prove” what a moron I was in his opinion (well, maybe I am, but that’s not the point). And yes, I too contemplated about leaving this (and the other, for that matter) forum.

But in the end I didn’t: Because I don’t like giving in to trolls. This is my place as much as theirs.
I tend to use the ignore function aggressively now and find browsing through this forums that more stress-free. Of course I now don’t get any more where some of the threads (in the general forums mainly) are heading, but I take that as a sign to keep away from those threads in the first place.

That’s all just my opinion of course and I can’t even guess the level of frustration you have reached until now, but please think this over. Think of all the enjoyable moments you had here in the past and the valuable input you can offer to the majority of members that actually do listen. And forget about those condescending people, who always argue for the argument’s sake, hide their insults behind big words and dare to still claim the moral high ground after that. They’re just not worth it.

Just my 2 cents.

Please stay Craig. I’m sure many others would like that too. True Blender artist leaving blenderartists doesn’t make sense.

If 90’s electronic music can help change your mind, I’m going to link to it
Sash! - Stay

Craig, don’t go !

I can understand the problem, as i often felt the same, it’s just that the Latest News/Blender&CG Discussions part of Blenderartists can be really toxic sometime, one of the reason i decided to use the ignore list and simply ceased to read those part of BA, it was not worth getting my blood pressure going nuts and was giving me the wrong idea of BA.

Because fortunately Blenderartist is -much- more than just those 2 minorBA sub- boards that aren’t representative at all of the BA community (as only a few people only are posting there, the major part of the community are posting on the other boards). And you find none of their toxicity in every other sub-boards, so don’t go just get some walk to cool down when the toxic discussions boil your blood pressure

But i’m sure the situation will get better progressively with the new rules setup, assuming the mod team is really going to enforce them.

I hope you will rethink it Craig, your a valuable member here. If you choose otherwise, thanks for all your contributions.

Yeah, thank you Craig for all your invaluable support and help here, but please, don’t give up!

paolo

I’d like to add my support to you staying on, Craig. Maybe ask the moderators to change the forum name to “Blender and CG Trolling” to make it clear what’s expected there :slight_smile:

Don’t let the bastards wear you down.

(I found the the ignore function invaluable when some putz started coming into every thread I posted in to make nasty remarks about me and things I said here. He’s long gone. I’m still here.)

craig, i was away a little, so do not know excately what happened. but your health comes first. if you can, i would wish you decide to stay, i always found your comments very helpful, enjoyable, encouraging. and i want thank you for that. and wish for you the best… doris

Quite sad a positive member got so stressed to leave

Thank you all - I needed time away to get my head together. I think I will stay away from those two forums as Sanctuary says - but I have so much to do lately that I need to regroup and figure the best way forward.

And for those trolls - I might have to set ignore on a few. Words aren’t my strongest trait, and arguments really frustrate me something fierce, but I need to learn to breathe and go on.

Welcome back!

Well said Craig!

paolo

Nice to see you back

Don’t let the terrorists win:)

As it’s already been said, we all appreciate your presence here, tips and input. It would be a shame for you to go.

Clear your head and come back refreshed… a little away time never hurt anybody.

I must not view the right forums because IMHO Blender Artists is just about the best monitored forum I have ever been involved with. I think the moderators do a great jobs keeping the order around here.

Glad that you back in!

The finish line belongs to us!