Blender Camera Compositing

so here is what i got, i am trying to add cgi elements to some footage, and after not having enough tracking points for blender to follow, i took the original footage into after effects and using the track camera tool that after effects comes with i added solids placed to act like the surface i am trying to place my cgi object on, and while the track seems to work when i render out the mesh and shadow, and then taking that into after effects, placing the mesh and shadow over the orginal footage, my cgi elements start sliding all over the place, is there something missing. i know that this is a weird workflow, but i am new to blender and i thought this would work. any idea?:spin:

Does your AE and Blender match in frame rate and at frame start time? Blender starts at 1 and AE starts at 0. Are your tracking features orienting to the ground plane? Also double check your solve to see if your bundled solve is above 1.0. You can tell that by looking at the track curve graph editor. When you solve your track, there should be a blue line indicating the solve has completed. It is has a lot of peaks and valleys, some frames may have tracks that are not sticking to features. You may need more markers in those frames.

Just my 2 cents.

type bartek skorupa on google he is the best when it comes to compositing with blender and wrote the script for export anyways in one of his video tracking tutorial he actuallys talks about issue that i “think” you are mentioning. well i hope that helps somewhat

I don’t really understand why you would do that. If you don’t have enough tracking points in blender, you don’t have enough tracking point in after effects either. The amount of tracking points you need depends on geometry, not on which software you use.

After effects will only do a 2d solve. Blender doesn’t need mor than 4 points for a 2d planar track.

thanks for the advice, but the problem still remains, i got the track to work properly, and it appears to be working when i scrub through the animation from the camera view, but when i render and try to place the rendered animation over the original in after effects the mesh is still sliding all over the place, the frame rate and the resolution are the same and the track was started on frame 0 so i am hoping that the problem is something small. I have gotten close to the result i want but the problem still seems to arise

If its a 3d track what solve error do you get? Also check that the camera size and lens length match. Finally is the footage anamorphic?

i got a solve of 0.8935 and the track seems to be fine in blender but when i render the animation and export the animation data, the animation data points are in the correct locations but the animation itself does not match the video or the animation data as it should, and the video is not anamorphic 3pointedit, so i am wondering if this is caused by some small checkbox i missed. it appears that the render is doing something incorrect and i cant seem to find it

hey guys i just went through some of my settings and found the source of my problem, originally the track was off, and when i fixed the track i changed a setting in after effects that made the program interpret the png sequence at a slower frame rate than the original video. thanks for your advice though i learned how to make this go easier next time i do something like this