10 Useful Blender Shortcuts

Hi folks,

I’ve created a new little video showing you 10 useful Blender shortcuts. Maybe there are some you haven’t known before or forgot about :wink:

thanks for watching/listening.

Marco

I’m just trying to learn Blender again and found this video to be nicely presented and produced with clear and confident diction. I have a few questions though.

For Quad-View and Viewport switching in general: Is there a way to get Blender to remember where Perspective was? Using Quad-View switching resets the perspective window to Camera View every time. Making it useless (to me). Same with Numpad switching. After switching to Side, Top or Front, hitting 5 just makes that switch from orthographic to perspective. Is there a way to go back to the perspective view before you left it?

Great information + professionally presented = Excellent tutorial. Even though I knew of all 10 shortcuts you presented, watching your tutorial let me remember they were there.

I’d vote for you to be the official voice over some official “introduction to Blender” videos on blender.org. Both clearly presented and calm, also easy to follow for non native english btw. Really good

edit: just a personal thought, maximize editor is quicker with Shift+Spacebar and doesn’t need both hands compared to Ctrl+Arrow Up/Down

Thanks for your kind words, guys! Really appreciate your comments :slight_smile: Glad you like my voice and presentation style (I have a trained (singing) voice but that got damaged some time ago and now I can only do narrations and voice overs with it…) And I have done some professional video training products in the past already (for Photoshop and in German) and I have a didactic background. I’m planning some bigger Blender tutorials, too - probably also an introduction series to Blender especially for people coming from other 3D applications.

@marcoG_ita: thanks for the tip - SHIFT + Spacebar is quicker indeed without the second hand :wink:

@Gyroscope: I know exactly what you mean. Unfortunately I haven’t found a way myself to get back to the exact perspective I was in before switching to another view… Anybody an idea?!

Thanks
Marco

Shift + Space also maximizes the current view. I prefer this one because it’s shorter.

GREAT audio! Coming from the video world :slight_smile: - Great voice too.

thanks a lot! :wink: (Title song is my own composition, by the way - check out my music website: www.marcotronic.com :wink: )

Marco

Thanks for the tutorial. Just one project ago I got stuck in object isolation mode and had to revert to the last save because I didn’t know how to get out XD

Thanks a lot! Glad you found it useful! :slight_smile: