SneekerBot

Here is a … thing.

It could animate quadrupeds,

I guess I could do more in documentation,

[B]
The SneekerBot-

Applies forces using servo motions, if the [B]sequencer is triggered_____________

Uses logic to move feet, and rigid bodies joints to keep them in a area,

keypress w---------and-------------property =1
if property=0-------/
Ray(map -z)------/

if property min:1 max (end frame -1)-----and-----property+1

if property =end frame-------and-----------property =0

so this is the sequencer

and the legs copy the sequence (the property) and use

always-------------and----------copy property from sequencer
[/B][/B]

Attachments

SneekerBot.blend (496 KB)

and a quick fired out creature (not done perfectly at all :D)

WSAD

Attachments

SneekerLiz.blend (584 KB)

That is odd, I reload this page, and 4 views went away from first file…

You currently own nearly half of the threads on the first page of the resources forum, maybe it would be a good idea to make a single compilation thread instead of starting one or two threads a day for your latest ideas.

Also, none might be replying because it feels like you’re just looking for a place to dump .blend files, there’s no real information on implementation or how to use it in another game (you have to download and hope it makes sense).

I guess I could do more in documentation,

The SneekerBot-

Applies forces using servo motions, if the sequencer is triggered_____________

Uses logic to move feet, and rigid bodies joints to keep them in a area,

keypress w---------and-------------property =1
if property=0-------/
Ray(map -z)------/

if property min:1 max (end frame -1)-----and-----property+1

if property =end frame-------and-----------property =0

so this is the sequencer

and the legs copy the sequence (the property) and use

always-------------and----------copy property from sequencer

if property = min:1 max:15 --------and-----------Servo motion

Presentation

I suggest to use a better formatting. Just now you overuse formatting. If you look at the text (without reading the words) it looks just chaotic. You need to find a much better structure of your text. Currently there are no visible sections a reader can navigate along.
I had to read your text 3 times to understand what you mean. (Usually I would stop with the first sentence and decide to ignore this thread because I have no interest in it.)

How to improve structure?
A very common structure is :
Title

introduction

heading
details

heading
details

heading
detail

appendix

readers are used to it and know how to deal with such a structure. It is not that complicated and easy to create.

Title
I think you have a good a descriptive title. You added a text to explain what you mean. Unfortunately it gets lost in the unstructured remainings (see above).
I sugest to add a small screen shot. With that it would be much easier to see what you mean with “sneekerBot”. As additional benefit you get a structural break from introduction to detailed description.

Description of logic bricks
ASCII-Art logic brick presentation is ok when helping in an request support thread. (Because it is pretty fast to create).
But it is not sufficient as documentation. It is simply to chaotic to look at. You should take enough time to make this better.

I suggest to create some screen shoots (not the whole screen, just with the logic bricks). As there is a limit in attachments you can use the top post as general description and the second one to describe details. And yes the limit will force you to keep it as short as possible ;).

Updating
I suggest when you update your resource files, ensure there is a link to the newest file in you top post. This way readers do not need to scroll all the way down eventually navigating to another page.

Screen shots
Add one or two screen shots that a viewer quickly can get an idea what you are writing about (I know this does not always fit).
I think I mentioned that before. Even here follow a structure. Do not overuse images.

I hope it helps
Monster