Strange shadows and effects during animation

Hey everyone, this is my first post so I’m sorry if this is in the wrong forum.

I created a scene of a rooftop access door. I want to have the camera slowly zoom in. However, as the camera moves, I get some really weird shadow effects on the metal door handle plate. Also, it seems as the camera moves, the texture on the electrical box moves. If the camera is still for a few frames, nothing moves.

I had some normal/bump maps on some objects and I thought it could be a problem with that. Though, the problem is still there even after I removed everything. All objects’ normals are good. I’m using BI and the problem occurs with both raytrace and approximate gathering.

Any help would really be appreciated! I could cut the zoom in from the whole animation but if I could get it working, that would be even better.

Here’s an example screen shot.

I would guess that you may have some duplicate faces on that door handle plate. Select them and delete them and try your camera move render again.

I just checked and there are only 4 vertices making up 1 face on that plate. There’s also only one plate object. I’m trying to look for z-fighting but I can’t seem to find any.

Here are pictures of the 3rd and 4th frame of the animation. I don’t know why but imgur is uploading them in really bad quality. But you can still see how the shadows on the plate change drastically. It might be harder to see, but the rusty texture on the electrical box also changes. It’s almost as if the UV unwarp is shifting position or something like that.

I was able to fix the z-fighting of the plate. Even though it was placed in front of the door, and even though I disabled displacement mapping so I’m not sure why the door would move, it seemed that they were fighting. I moved the plate even more towards the camera and it looks great now (especially after AO baking!)

I still have the problem with the rust on the electrical box sifting position each frame. I’m going to try and bake a frame that I like and apply that as an image texture. Hopefully that works.