Total lunar eclipse on April 15th

Most people in the the united states will be able to view a total lunar eclipse on April 15, at 2:00am est. The moon will become blood red for about an hour or so.

This is the first of four total lunar eclipses coming in the next year and a half!

Where it will be visible: http://eclipse.gsfc.nasa.gov/OH/OHfigures/OH2014-Fig01.pdf

Does no one care about a total lunar eclipse??? The moon will turn Red! Find out what time it’s going to be for you!

Looking forward to it…however we’ll get rain and clouds over this period…

We’ve got a solid week of rain…

It’s supposed to be quite pleasant and sunny here tomorrow, so we will be able to see it.

I’ve never actually seen it at full display before, I do believe I might’ve seen a red colored moon low in the horizon at dusk a few years ago but it was pretty faded.

Well it ought to happen today…

I got up at 11:00 so I wouldn’t miss it, and I stayed out until 12:30, when it was fully eclipsed in my time zone. My first lunar eclipse, and it looked really cool. Sparked an interesting dream…

Heh, I didn’t know it wouldn’t be till 1:30 in the morning in our area, I was sleeping by that time.

Perhaps the next one will be at a more reasonable time :slight_smile:

Saw a bit of it…it was kind of redish…but it just may have been me eyes. The clouds kinda gave a break then. But there was live photos from LA too.