Radeon R9 280x Sculpt performance issue!

Hi there people, recently o bought a radeon r9 280x video card for high definition sculpting, but then i stumbled into a strange problem…
i expected to be able to work on at LEAST 5 million polygons, but i can only go to about 2.5 - 3 million… witch is not much more than my older Radeon hd 6970 card could go, but the games actualy run fine on almos maxed out settings…

What REALLY got my eye was this video! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fT_hkSbK8Iw

The PC specs on the video’s description, are very similar to my pc, aside from the video card, the difference is that i have 6 gigs of ram, not 8, but still… that quite a difference…

Can someone help me?

enable VBOs in the user preferences.

now i can actually get to 11 kk! but only in sculpt mode, and there is a massive lag on saving and everything else that doesnt have anything to do with video processing really, but thanks, this really helped…
but why isn’t this damn option default??

Moved to Technical Support. You’ve been here long enough to know that support questions go in the support forums…

When you enable this option and enter in sculpt mode the geometry is loaded in your video card,
if you start sculpting now see that the video card is what will make the calculations, you can see all this with gpu-z on one side of the window. does not work with dynamic topology

i believe that visual info should be Always handled like this…
why not?

if what you mean is to use VBOs for all workspaces where you use geometry, I think this would be very intensive for the gpu, when you have millions of vertices the gpu usage goes up to 100% sculpting. not enabled by default because I believe it’s not something that anyone can take advantage.

traductor google:rolleyes:

with my gts 450 1GB i can have 30 millions of vertices and sculpt very smooth, remenber subdivide with multiresolution modifier, disable double side. with the last build mapcats work very well