Unity3d and Blender

Hi,
I have a few general questions about the process of creating objects in blender and then using them in Unity3d.

What is the best approach to create animations (e.G Walk cycle) in Blender and then using them in Unity?
Complex material setup in Blender and using them in Unity?
Scaling in Blender and Unity. How to make sure the scales in both applications are consistent?

I’m sure i will have a lot more questions later on, so any literature for using unity and blender together would be very helpful.

Thanks for any advice.

You can create animations in Blender’s action editor and they will be imported to Unity automatically, no export required. Once in Unity, you can either use Mecanim or the Legacy animation system. There are many tutorials on both of those around.

I don’t think there’s a way to import material setups from Blender to Unity, beyond the diffuse texture. After importing the .blend, you’ll have to find the Material within Unity and mess with the shader settings there.

Unity imports scales, and does not apply them. Just to be safe, I always apply scale (and rotation, when practical) on everything I import to Unity. I’m fairly certain 1 meter in Blender equals 1 unit in Unity.