Old paintings effect in blender?

Is there a way to achieve old paintings effect (Oil on canvas style) in blender? I know I could do it in Gimp… but I have a feeling that this could be done in a blender too… sorry for my eng…

example:

This is a demonstration of what confuses me about this site since it’s called blenderartists. Don’t you think it would be incredibly fun to dig around the program and figure out how to do it instead of just openly asking? Isn’t that the artistic process?

Art exists in the content, not technique. Same goes for any art. From music, to photography.

However, this is asked in the wrong forum section.
Should be moved to support.

I look on google, blenderswap, blenderartists, blender cookie… I did not immediately ask, I first tried to seek how to archive this…

This can be done with these techniques

• Noise texture to make the color intensity uneven.
  • Dust texture to show that there were actual particles from the real world stucked on the canvas.
  • Canvas texture to show that there was something else back there and no simply paint material.
  • If the painting is rather old, then there might even some paint cracks here and there, the colors might have been damaged as well.
  • Keep in mind because all of these paintings we see are extremely large in dimensions and they are very fragile, it’s impossible to scan, but it’s fairly easy to photograph them. So that means that you might want to simulate the actual effect of a real digital camera.

Warning though, do not try to do all of the above at once because the result will be ugly. You will have to give hundreds of small adjustments here and there, until your work can become balanced.

First get a scene.

Then play a lot with shaders and compositing, specifically the blur node. You will be looking for an extremely subtle bloom effect. Also compositing over textures etc.

However, to you’re better of to learn how to properly doing glossing and mixing in gimp instead, to get an idea of the technique bring used.

Check Verve!