Workflow with Green screen

I have a shot of footage that uses green screen. I have already taken out the green screen but what do i do next? I dont understand how to integrate it with other things like a CG animation or background. Thanks.

well it all depend on what you are trying to achieve but basically you are just layering video clip layers over render layers with the compositor nodes, much the same as you would with After effects, though not at all the same!
take a look at this green screen series for some tips

Thanks for the link its quite helpful i think i understand it now. I’m wondering if there is a short cut i could use as my video footage doesn’t move, is there a way to easily track video that doesn’t move?

if the video is not moving, there is no need to track it. and, well that would be impossible anyway as tracking code needs some movement to follow, you could track 2 frames but one, no.

you can use the addon BLAM to align your camera to a fixed image like a photo or a non moving clips such as yours but often its as simple a case of just lining up the 3d grid floor to the movie clip space. in my most recent video i use this technique of just lining up the floor for the project. but i do recommend doing a search for the Blam addon as it can take out all the guess work with just a couple of grease pencil strokes

Small,

You clearly know what you’re talking about so I hope you don’t mind the question. I can’t seem to find the answer anywhere.

I’m doing simple green screen studio stuff with one person as live talent. Stationary video camera so no tracking needed. However, I simply want to create a reflection under the live talent to add the realistic look.

Any resources you have would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Real reflection of video talent would require you to shoot talent standing on glass with green below it. Otherwise you can cheat by flipping a duplicate of the key and mirroring it horizontally then move it down to the feet of the original. The contact point won’t match but should be close.

as 3point edit said above, this would be the way to do it but also add some blur to the reflection, depending on how reflective your surface is, also dont just use a basic mix node, switch the blending mode from mix to screen or overlay, depending on which give the best look

I know this won’t be easy but sounds easier than I thought it was going to be.

Thank you both.