animation in cycles

Hello, everyone
i’m new here

i saw some movie productions in blender and lot of them use cycles while animation going on
I do’t really know how this works
is there something technique to merge cycles and blender render engine to create well animated movie?
Or do they make animation in cycles?

This question has bothering me a lot
thanks

I’m not entirely sure what you mean.

Are you talking about the render viewport feature?
If so: Shift+Z in the 3D viewport to activate shaded view.

Are you talking about rendering animations in Cycles?
If so: Yes, Cycles is made to be good for animations.

Cycles is a render engine just like Blender internal. You make animations in Blender and you can choose to use Blender internal or Cycles to render the animation. If I’m not mistaken, you can use Blender’s compositor to combine a render from Blender internal with one that was rendered in Cycles.

why don’t professional animation creators use blender Internal rather than Cycles for animation ?
How/is it possible to combine cycle-made environment and the character animation (Blender IN)?

The animation system works exactly the same in cycles as it does in BI. Some things, like certain simulations, are not supported currently. Cycles is more realistic, so most professional animators use it for their renders. It takes longer, but it’s worth it.

Render scenes in BI that is currently not possible in Cycles and then mix the rendered .avi vidoes together with Adobe Premiere

So do animators render animation in cycles or BI

Blender’s “Internal” rendering engine is what’s called a “biased” engine where Cycles is unbiased. Cycles works more like nature in how it figures out the scene. It’s considered more accurate to how it works in the physical world. On the other hand, Blender internal is a biased engine. That means that blender internal makes certain concessions in the interest of efficiency. Instead of making pass after pass like cycles does, Blender internal introduces sample bias, and uses subtle interpolation or blurring to reduce render time. A biased renderer can typically be fine tuned more than an unbiased one, and in the right hands, can potentially produce a thoroughly accurate result with significantly less rendering time. “Back in the day…” Blender “BC” (before cycles!), one could render a scene that looked fantastic, just like with Cycles, but it took WAY more effort, and the use of alot of “tricks” to get your scene to have that photorealistic look to it. Cycles on the other hand will produce a great lighting result by just throwing a light into the scene. Back in the day, it took alot of fudging to get the lighting just right.

So, since professionals are working for a living, it’s in their best interest to work as fast as they can. Cycles simplifies the setup process considerably. So I’d say ease of setting up lighting would be the reason a pro would go with cycles over a biased rendering engine. AFAIK, Blender internal has been “discontinued”, so no further development is going to happen. I wouldn’t put much stock into it. Biased rendering engines had their day 20-30 years ago, but in the last decade or so, computers have become fast enough that they can support a true unbiased rendering engine. In other words, biased rendering was a result of the fact that computers wern’t that powerful until just in the last 10 years or so, but as computers get faster and faster, and, not to mention GPU computing using video cards with hundreds … um… thousands of cores is pushing real time rendering (like when you’re in rendered mode) is more and more possible.

thanks john.
This is what i think about new animations made in blender nowadays- Companies or project administration or whoever makes a pro animation are using Cycles for environment and BI for character (texturing rendering, adding lights etc) i might be wrong but i heard about composing and mixing cycles and Bi together for final animation results. But then the question pops -How can you make an animation with mixing those two engines, and render together?

i watched some SIntel videos and i saw Bi for environment. Someone said Sintel , big bunny are made in BI (idk personally) I saw video tutorial of new project called - lukes escape where cycle is used for the room environment.