CreaPrim script giving errors when used in 2.70

Hi! I just tried to use the CreaPrim script in 2.70 and got a bunch of errors. Unfortunately, I can’t figure out how to contact the original developers, EWOCProjects. I’m not a coder at ALL, so I’m not sure how to fix it. This script isn’t a big deal to me, but I was just wondering if this is an easy script to fix or not?

Hi,

i just fixed it. Just a function that was used before it was defined.
Download

I am not the original author. I just fixed it.

best wishes

oliver

Hi! Thanks so much! That’s so neat you could figure it out & fix it. I does now run without errors and work correctly, until I quit blender – then any primitives I added no longer appear in the Add menu.

So, I went to see if maybe I had to enable the newly created Addon, and I found this error message:

(I had named the test primitive “thingy”)

Is there any way to fix this?

Thom
:slight_smile:

Hi,

i can’t reproduce it here. Seems to be setup-dependant.

Can you please give me some details about your setup( like operating system, where did you get Blender, did you compile yourself?, what version are you using?)

best wishes

oliver

Oh, I just discovered that it DOES work correctly…I just hadn’t realized that for each new primitive I add, I have to go into the Preferences and enable it as a new addon. Thank you very much for your help!

Just as a side thought, is it possible to get any newly created primitives automatically enabled in the addons without having to enable each new one manually?

Thanks again for your awesome help! Very impressive!

Hi,

i looked into it. “auto-enable” is already implemented. I fixed some errors that where thrown if nothing was selected. You cant get it here

If “auto-enable” doesn’t work, make sure that your new primitive doesn’t have the same name as an already existing one. That causes problems.

If it still doesn’t work, run blender from the terminal an post the output.

best wishes

oliver

Hi Oliver,
I got rid of all of the old test primitives I’d made, quit blender, then started it and made a new primitive, but it again wasn’t automatically enabled.

So, I ran Blender from the Terminal and here’s the output:

thom-blair-iiis-computer:~ Thom$ cd /Applications/Blender/blender.app/Contents/MacOS
thom-blair-iiis-computer:MacOS Thom$ ./blender
ndof: 3Dx driver not found
Read new prefs: /Users/Thom/Library/Application Support/Blender/2.70/config/userpref.blend
found bundled python: /Applications/Blender/blender.app/Contents/MacOS/2.70/python

hm…did you just ran blender from the terminal or did you ran blender from the terminal and tried to use the script? Cause that’s what i meant. I’m sorry if that wasn’t clear.

Oh, I just ran blender but didn’t try the script last time…this time I tried to use the script and here’s the output:

Last login: Tue Apr 8 07:52:08 on console
thom-blair-iiis-computer:~ Thom$ cd /Applications/Blender/blender.app/Contents/MacOS
thom-blair-iiis-computer:MacOS Thom$ ./blender
ndof: 3Dx driver not found
Read new prefs: /Users/Thom/Library/Application Support/Blender/2.70/config/userpref.blend
found bundled python: /Applications/Blender/blender.app/Contents/MacOS/2.70/python
[’/Applications/Blender/blender.app/Contents/MacOS/2.70/scripts’, ‘/Users/Thom/Library/Application Support/Blender/2.70/scripts’]
/Users/Thom/Library/Application Support/Blender/2.70/scripts/addons/
addon_utils.reset_all unloading add_mesh_test_primitive
trying to save userpref at /Users/Thom/Library/Application Support/Blender/2.70/config/userpref.blend ok

Hm. ok. That’s pretty difficult as i cannot reproduce your problem.

Do you get the “Add Mesh addon saved to user scrips directory”-message when you click on “create primitive”?

Can you give a step by step documentation of what you are doing exactly? Including what you are trying to add(single object, group?), what messages yo get and so on.

Well, if you’re really eager to pursue this, I can do a screencast showing everything I’m doing, but to be honest, this script is working well enough for me now and I’m kind of at my limit in terms of how eager I am to further tweak it. But if you’re REALLY eager, let me know and I’ll see what I can do.

Thanks for all your help so far!

Yeah ok. I would be more eager if i could reproduce it here. It’s always the most difficult thing if you can’t reproduce a problem. So if you wanna leave it at that, that’s fine for me :slight_smile:

Sounds good…thanks again!

my pleasure!

I just added the updated script to my website! Thanks for working on it oliverweisbarth, since Im doing other stuff really and wouldnt be able to make time for this myself.
Cheers mate!

you’re welcome. :slight_smile: