Character/animation needed

Please do not inbox me, i don`t use it.

Im looking for, a lead character for my game im making, i will provide
some reference images of how i want the character too look like.

What i`m aiming at,

• 5-10k faces
  • Good topology so i can add too it
  • Diffuse/Specular/Normal maps high quality diffuse
  • Walking, Running, sidestep animation

Drop your work/pricing range and i will contact you, this is how payment will work.
25% when i see the concept and im happy with it 50% when youre half way done
100% when you`re finished and we are both happy.

You will get full credit on my game as lead character designer/modeler/animator.

NOTES
++++ If possible but not required but will pay extra, TPS setup with aiming
system similar to Hitman/Resident evil/Gta/Max Payne.

Hi maseratzi,

I could do the job for $75, you can view my portfolio here . I already have experience designing, modeling, and rigging lead characters for games. If you’re interested shoot me an email at [email protected] and we can discuss the project further.

Sent you a PM on facebook.

@soopursam: $75 for a modeled, fully textured, rigged and animated character is VERY low (like third-world resident low). Don’t lowball yourself.

@soopursam: $75 for a modeled, fully textured, rigged and animated character is VERY low (like third-world resident low). Don’t lowball yourself.

Experience is more valuable to me right now than profit so I don’t mind doing it for cheap. Ha ha, not that my work itself is cheap but this mindset has helped me land some nice jobs. Plus, I’m currently doing some high paying character work so I am aware of where my price range falls.

Sent you a pam but in anycase
you can view my artworks at

http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/230742-3d-2d-looking-for-possible-paid-projects-artworks-commission

if interested best contact me via email [email protected] or skype me…skype name is also Roninfang

Of course this mindset has helped you land some nice jobs. Do it for free and you will land even more…

If you do it for the experience, why not checking out the volunteer work section?

I can work on this if you want.
I’ll take 900$ for this.

you can have a look on my work on BEHANCE profile pieriko and also CGcookie, profil pieriko.
I’m also working on games so…

@soopursam
Nice work but its not what im looking for, however if you can make models
similar too resident evil ? take a look at my CE page, i know the images are
a big crude but you will get the idea from the character model. That pricing
was very nice btw and i`m sure you will get a lot of work.

@@AviKohl3D
Please share your work.

@@pieriko
Price too high.

NOTES
Guys im just a indie my budget is $200 and please dont PM me, just
drop your page and pricing here, if the pricing does not pleas you then
the job is obviously not for you.

OK, $ 75 is nothing for a lot of work. However that is not what bothers me. He will pay 25 % " ONCE YOU SHOW THE CONCEPT AND HE IS HAPPY WITH IT ? This look more like a contest type ! He can get hundreds of people working for him ( wasting their time ) and then pick one ? My friend, you must review Portfolio, if you like what you see and both have a good communication then that’s the only only one picked for the job ! Do not ask people to waste their time trying to please you ! and for $ 75 ? Come on !

Yes im trying to get people to please me, its called customer service
and since im a customer advertising for something i want i have the right to be happy about what im purchasing.

Now dont be silly, let me tell you something PAID WORK is a contest, you ever been to a job interview ? you should know that youre competing with other applicants, its wide market and a lot of people will do it for free to build there portfolio. You do know that i dont have too pay until the job is done right ?
However i`m relaxed, flexible, adaptable to what the artist needs.

NOTES

Moderation note: if you’re expecting multiple proposals to choose from prior to selecting a candidate (especially at your budget), that qualifies as deferred pay and belongs in our other Volunteer Work forum. If you’re selecting candidates based on their existing portfolio and you’re just making them aware of your payment scheme, then everything is fine.

As a side note, you may want to consider using PMs or emails for some of this discussion as these threads are mostly for announcing work, not negotiating with candidates.

Im not negotiating, im offering work to the right candidate that has the style i`m looking for.
I will PM the right candidate.

@soopursam
Nice work but its not what im looking for, however if you can make models
similar too resident evil ? take a look at my CE page, i know the images are
a big crude but you will get the idea from the character model. That pricing
was very nice btw and i`m sure you will get a lot of work.

I can do whichever style you put in front of me. For the human model I made for FRACTiLE Games (2nd item in my portfolio) I could only use a 512 diffuse texture so that is not my work at it’s finest I guess but that job was very similar to this one. Wasn’t sure if I should PM this because of all the fuss about it but figured I’d just go ahead and post it :confused:

@maseratzi: I already sent you my website link to your facebook pm but here it is.

http://avikohl.wix.com/3dny

“im offering work to the right candidate that has the style im looking for.”

With all due respect I take issue with this entitled mindset. A client should be looking for someone who meets a certain skill level since any modeling style can be emulated with skill. There are a lot of excellent 3D artists out there who are being passed over because too many clients are obsessed with finding something very, very specific in portfolios and the artist’s potential ability to create it is never assessed.

@soopursam: While your artistic integrity is commendable, making the rest of us compete with a skilled artist willing to work for a pittance has the overall effect of devaluing our craft.

@@AviKohl3D
I have sent you a message on FB! sorry i did not check it.

@AviKohl3D: I’m sorry if I offended anyone with my price but maseratzi is right, that’s life. No need to complain about it on the forums.

You want a complete model with rig and animation?
Then go and work at Starbucks and save the money. Otherwise you get what you pay for.

tell that to Rythm and Hues studios.

A race to the bottom is bad for the whole industry

but you’re indeed entitled to set your own prices,but be careful of what mindset you are creating.
If every producer gets used to bottom prices and artists undercutting each other, no artist will be able to live of off them,even if they do have well paid jobs right now.

@ANY BODY.

If £200 $311 is not enough money, you need a reality check, thats a week pay so moaning how its not enough for you is just plain lazy if youre not going to invest the time to get those higher payed jobs and build your portfolio and you should consider working at star bucks yourself while youre waiting to make it in the industry, okay ?

I`m a modeler and animator, i could do this myself but i got a lot of other work
in different departments of my game to do at this time being and personally i
think it is greedy if money is put before passion.

I have lot more work too offer for my project in the future,
So turning down what i offer now could miss land you more work you could of earnt,
im not going to post my actual game budget because thats confidential.
+NPC`s
+BIO WEAPONS
+SCRIPTS
+VISUAL EFFECTS
Plus a whole lot more.

It does you no good to antagonize potential candidates. If the position has been filled, just say so.

That said…

£200 for a 40-hour work week is £5/hr ($7.76/hr). That’s just at or below the minimum wage rate in both the UK and the US.