convert foto to 3d

I used Autodesks “123d Catch” to convert a a series of photos to a 3d object.
Well it worked but i wasnt really stunned by the result.
Then i tried to load it into blender, and well i could load a generated obj file, but this was without texture.
So now i am wondered is there some better software that can be used in combination with blender ?

• So it has an output that blender can read.
  • And it is able to generate a texture for it as well.
  • And perhaps be able to edit the result so to optimize the shape before import as otherwise texture wont fit after editing mesh inside blender.

You could use something like camera mapping, if its a “scene” like photo, to make it appear 3D.

If you need to make a single object from multiple images of the same object, from different angles, you can use Visual SFM. It can make an .obj file for Blender to work with and it generally works well.

123d Catch does come with the texture and can read it and the obj file perfectly fine. Just tested and the image texture is added to the material and shows up automatically in the textured viewport.
Have you tried downloading some of the test objects

Agisoft’s Photoscan is quite nice. It’s editing tools are limited but you can export the base mesh edit it in Blender, even retopo to a low-poly version, then reimport it in to Photoscan and bake the texture map.

Moved from “General Forums > Blender and CG Discussions” to “Support > Other Software”