Snowy Forest Creek

Hey Guys!

Here’s my latest artwork! its been a long winter for us, so I guess that’s what inspired this ;).

and here’s it animated.

Enjoy and be sure to let me know your thoughts!
Steve

Very nice! You’ve really pulled off a very difficult scene. Reflection on the water as the camera pans round is beautiful.

Looking forward to the tutorial, I’m wondering how you got the snow on the trees. Will you post in this thread when it is ready please?

Hooly… such a beautiful scene! 5 stars!

That’s lovely, I espacially like the reflections on the water too.

If it has snow flakes, it wud have been surrealistic!!!

Looks really nice. Especially for a winter that will not go away!!

Awesome! I’m waiting for the tutorial.

awesome!! i would also be very interested in how you got the snow (and maybe the shader?)

Beautiful work, it would’ve been nice to have that be part of a much larger 3D landscape, but the quality of the animation seems to close in on movie quality.

By the way, you don’t happen to be the same Webhead as the one on CGTalk, right?

Super nice. I love the subtle ripples on the water.

What is the poly-count of the scene?

Thanks, it would be cool to use some of these assets in a larger scene, maybe with a mountain landscape or something, no I’m not on CGTalk, I go by Blender Steve on YT right now.

The snow shader is three textures combined, with a simple bump, and glossy. The tutorial should be up tomorrow.

The face count of my scene is 284325, but good be reduced with decent results.

Thanks Everyone!
Steve

I love the animation!! It’s very beautiful and has a very dreamy feeling to it, and the music fits nicely with it too. You did a great job executing a simple idea and making it look its very best!

Very nice job with the snow on the tree limbs! :yes:

Just posted the Tutorial on my channel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLdnV1YpKR4&feature=youtu.be

Quickly jumped through the tutorial. Well-made. Thumbs up.

Don’t have time. Need…to work…on project.

Bye.