I want to help promote BGE

Hello everyone! in the last few months I’ve been working on a super mario fan-game that has been well received, my last video has reached 300,000 views. From the beginning I wanted to promote BGE but I’ve found the problem that the engine does not have an official logo.

My proposal is to create an animated logo that makes the engine look a bit more professional, I would also like to break the myth that you can not sell your games due to licensing issues, perhaps the mention of Bpplayer, and the creation of a motto e.g. “Make games easily and quickly”. All this with the purpose of bring more developers on board.

My next goal for the next video is to get half a million views, I have faith that it is possible and I think this is a great opportunity for the BGE community that we should not miss, but I can’t do it alone.

Any suggestions or constructive comments are welcome, if anyone is willing to help me with the animated logo, it will be helpful, and so, I’ll be able to focus my efforts on making a stunning video.

Greetings!

You should make a note that would encourage people to actually look into working on the source code for the BGE, because one of the main issues we have is that the existing developers currently do not have an abundance of time.

Ive got some experience in graphic design and web design, so I’ve got a bit of any eye for logo making. Let me know if you want my help (:

BGE3D

B3DGE
B-3DGE

3D|GE (almost looks mirror symmetrical)

You should make a note that would encourage people to actually look into working on the source code for the BGE, because one of the main issues we have is that the existing developers currently do not have an abundance of time.

Good point Ace Dragon, I think I can add the message at the end of the video.

Ive got some experience in graphic design and web design, so I’ve got a bit of any eye for logo making. Let me know if you want my help (:

Thelaurent please go ahead, for the logo I’m thinking in something simple but appealing, something like the cryengine logo

or if you have a better idea feel free to implement it.

BluePrintRandom I think we should avoid abbreviation, it’s my personal opinion, but it would be best to read more opinions about it.

As far as I remember some years ago there was a discussion about a BGE logo (not animated). It is in-official as it is a blenderartists discussion. Let me check…

I found these:

not really much, but I found some requests for an BGE icon too.

Beside of that there was a mascot - a little blue alien (this was even before my time). But I would not recommend to use that.

How about a contest?

Wouldn’t it be most clear just to have “Created with Blender”, “Powered by Blender” or something similar and just use Blender logo?

I think that this would be the best solution. Even if there isn’t one single logo/animation to rule them all, then it at least creates a few options.

This makes sense to me. BGE is Blender afterall.

This makes sense to me. BGE is Blender afterall.

I disagree, during this few weeks many people have told me they knew about the Blender existence but they completely ignored it has an integrated game engine, this could lead to confusion because many other people ask me if I’m using Unity or something else. That’s why I think we should state clearly that Blender is also a Game Engine

Blender is an all-in-one software. It has modeling, texturing, rendering, game development, etc. all in one program. BGE is Blender. So I agree with Mperonen and swene, Powered by Blender or Created by Blender would be good. There should be a stock photo of this with the Blender logo and the text that people can download and use in the intro to their games.

Well, I think that those people should just learn what the name ‘Blender’ stands for. :slight_smile:

The BGE has a devBase and userbase that don’t always see eye to eye with the 3d modeling portion of the userbase. Mainly because people see the bge as an outdated tool, a “rebranding” should happen to the bge, but after some key upgrades.

Just some tests, let me know what you think

Hello, these are good tests thelaurent, my vote will go for one of the two on the right but I’m undecided about the color orange or blue on the three lines.

Also about the mention “blender game engine”, like I see it here the “game engine” is secondary to “blender” and I think make “blender” and “game engine” at the same width will link them more, just a guess.

http://nsa34.casimages.com/img/2014/04/03/mini_140403100231246820.png

New test. You may notice Im trying to keep my concepts similar to the original blender logo! (:

Second Row, Right Icon, is how I’d see the brand of the BGE conveyed.
Nice to see another website related chap here theLaurent :slight_smile:

Rendering out a simple animation I made with a current logo. Hopefully will be done overnight.

Edit: Never mind, that was a lot quicker than I expected.

It’s not perfect, but just an idea.

@thelaurent: That’s a really clean look for the logo. I think the most recent one is already a copyrighted logo (I’ve seen that somewhere on some ISP’s website I think). The 8 look very nice.

@MrPutuLips darn, thanks for warning me ahah, i tried searching “ISP logo” but couldnt find anything, got a link for me?

I like your logo, so…

Try this blend:
Blender Intro.blend (579 KB)

Looks like this when you hit play: