I need motivation

I haven’t gotten anything done in Blender for the past week. All I’ve been doing is playing Metroid games online. I would love it if someone could give me some motivation to keep going.

The only thing that motivates me is wanting to see the finished videogame i am making.And also having a great night and day cycle for the videogame.

I know, but my game needs to be started over from scratch. I got a bad start, and now I have no motivation to keep going. This keeps me out of Blender most of the time.

Disconnect your computer from the internet. It’ll force you to work on something offline (such as blender), unless you want to do something real…

ha motivation !!
if I could bottle it
I’d be rich enough to afford max/maya woteva and a team of clever guys to bring my imagination to life :wink:
try the carrot an stick way 1 hour in blender gets you 30 mins gaming
but if your anything like me the stick gets ignored lol

I have to force myself to find the fun in each part of the process. Do some research and pre-production to get you excited again.

I find inspiration with new ideas and procedures to try. Sometimes I just like to do something different and learn from it. Something motivates you personally. Try using that.

cool, you get to start over! all those extra ideas that you had during the original process you can look into implementing now! fantastic :smiley:

restarting is necessary sometimes,

think of all you learned the first time,

Success and determination are partners.

If you don’t make dust, you eat dust.

If you are not the lead dog, the view remains the same.

Consultants are people who come down the hill after the battle and shoot the wounded.

Consider yourself unleashed!

Motivation? Sorry, fresh out :frowning: . If you need Procrastination, though, I’m having a fire sale :smiley: . Want to take some off my hands?

http://blenderartists.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?27-Forum-Gallery

Whenever you think you should be blendering, just open it. It’s not so bad.

Charles M Schulz drew more than 18,000 Peanuts comic-strips during his lifetime … one at a time, with no assistants.

At the beginning of your day, even on a scrap of paper, work out what you’re going to do during that day and when you’re going to switch from one thing to another. Then, discipline yourself to do exactly that. Every day. (And this also means to stop something on-time, so that the first thing you started on doesn’t blow your entire day when you inevitably run into an unexpected snag.)

Tell yourself that youre gonna work only for half an hour and do something to proceed. Sometime its just difficult to start and very often you get hooked up after that first step :slight_smile:

Hey, thanks guys, I’m back on my feet now! I owe you guys one.

“The early bird catches the worm…”

If it means that much to you then get up early in the morning and get something done - no matter how little.

“Less is more…”

Maybe you are trying to bite off more than you can chew? Instead of that intimidating Gundam Wing robot, maybe try your hand at something more sensible such as a Knife, a Calculator, or even a games console? Hey, just to get into the swing of things, create Samus’ logo.

“Do or do not. There is no try…”

Are you an artist or not? So long as you are practicing your art then you are an artist. If you’re not making art then you are not an artist. The choice is yours.

The crane with it’s webbed foot frozen in the lake does not panic. She merely tucks her head in her wing and sleeps until winter is over, when the spring melts away to her freedom. So you ought also…

Attachments

You should start thinking every of your project as a really serious project dude. You must make goals and execute them day by day. It will make your efforts more focused on every project. I know it’s really hard to build the project from a scratch, but if you manage to overcome all the laziness in your mind, at the end of the day, you’ll be grateful of what you’ve accomplished thus far. Besides, you’ll gain experience by working on every project.

my problem was: i found a game called bloboats and started playing it more than 3d modeling. so i removed it. no more problem :slight_smile: