Twitching after video stabilization

I have an extremely zoomed in video that I am trying to take all of the shake out of. I don’t want to add any elements to the video I just don’t want the viewer to get sick watching it. I have tried 16 times with different settings and all mostly with the same result. After the clip is processed it is very stable except for some twitching or as on other poster on the forum described it as a warp or liquid effect.
I have tried with just two points as in the Gkiokas tutorial and I have tried it with many points. Yesterday I used Blender 2.70 and the detect points and I got the same results. I am using a point for the rotation input and I thought that may have been part of my problem but even in the center of the shot the bulldozer (main subject in video) looks distorted and then normal and distorted etc.

I have seen a similar question on here asked two years ago but it was never answered.

The camera used was a Nikon N1 with a sensor width of 13.2 mm. I am unclear of the focal length so I have been running it with different settings.

Sounds like you have rolling shutter issues that blender cannot fix. Look at this http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rolling_shutter

My guess would be that some rolling shutter or motion blur might cause that. But guessing powers are much hampered by lack of visual reference… If you share some images you probably don’t have to wait two more years to get to the bottom of your problem…

cegaton,
I agree. I will see if the problem is clear in stills and if it is not I will export low resolution videos and host them somewhere.

3pointedit,
Thanks for the link. I had heard about rolling shutter but the wiki images really spells it out.

I tried 4 more times yesterday and have determined it is with the rotation. I exported out the 475 frames and took them into photoshop and traced an object in the center in a few different frames. The object didn’t appear to be warping but just rotating up and down. I’ll post small videos as soon as I can.

Perhaps you filmed with stabilization which is distorting in an unusual manner
?

Use VirtualDub wDeshaker plugin! Works great AND can fix rolling-shutter artifacts!!!

Also it sounds like you might have blurred frames,
with or without the “JELLO EFFECT” caused by rolling shutter.
Blurred frames become VERY noticeable after stabilization.
All you can do is delete the bad frames after processing. Its tedious, but,…!
Hope that helps a bit.

It would be neat for Blender to have a node that allows time displaced painting, so that you could paint in frame from previous or next frame. You can build your own with Image/movie input node and use the offset but thats fiddly.

Sorry I have not gotten back to this yet. They (my employer) are using the video as is but I feel I can “fix” at least three areas on the project. I exported low resolution samples of part of the clip and it will be much easier for you to see the issue. I have been fiddling with Blender for 2 years now but this is my first movie clip editor project. This could be as simple as me missing a setting.
Thanks