Autodesk to buy Blender

Source: http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/pc/index?id=14223640&siteID=123112

Greetings to all,
I know there will be some who are nervous about this news, however I encourage all to keep an open mind as Autodesk products are used in all the major animation and visual effects Studios around the world and this might help Blender to get the attention it Deserves.
Only last night the software giant Autodesk announced that it has been interested in Blender for quite a while, mainly for it’s fast modelling workflow and compositor, and the foundation have just agreed to sell Blender to Autodesk, where it will be assigned a new development team without Brecht or ton and will only be available to independant users after the summer. It will retail for £3200 for an individual License, and £233,000 for a studio license.
Regarding the Blender conference, well quite simply it won’t happen. As the head of the new development team said:
"Obviously Autodesk have very high standards of professionalism, so we have decided that to avoid damaging our reputation we have decided to ban the dutch fanboy clubhouse meeting that they call the “Blender Conference” and replace it with the Autodesk conference, which will be held in North Korea every 30 years. The only two events in the conference will be an autograph signing by the AutoBlender(as they are now calling it) developers, as well as shoe polishing.
Another subject people will want to hear about is the Gooseberry project. Autodesk have confirmed that AutoBlender will not have open movies, as they are free to enjoy and that is against the Autodesk policy. Regarding Gooseberry specifically, The new chief developer has stated the following:
“Gooseberry? are you serious? It’s a recipe for disaster. Have you even seen the other open movies? first there was the emo one, then the sadistic animal torture reel, then the one that promoted Women’s rights and Zoophilia. They are all directly opposing everything that Autodesk and consequently AutoBlender stands for and making another one would be detrimental the the golden reputation of Autodesk. And the story? it looks like chaos. It’s really just a pile of unnecessary shorts jammed into an hour long Blender Fanboy montage. And the director is French. Autodesk will not allow this to happen.”

Everyone tell me what you think because personally I am very excited about this news. I believe that as a professional tool Blender should only be available to those who can be trusted with the software and use it to it’s full extent, not some lower class hobbyist in his basement who thinks open sauce is a good idea. Those kind of people should stick to Google Sketchup or Wings3D.
Further information can be found in the link at the top of the page(it’s at the bottom because Blender is really not a big deal).

Anyway April fools guys, this is the first one I ever did and I hope I had someone fooled.
By the way I think Gooseberry looks great and I did not mean to offend anyone or any French.
Happy AutoBlending. ( :

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Is it still the 1st of April?

Edit: Just saw that the author actually admits it. Obvious joke is obvious. :slight_smile:

That’s definitely given me the giggles! :slight_smile:

Had me jump a bit! April fools was a day early for me! Crazy time zone I’m in! Buuuu… :stuck_out_tongue: I’m too traumatized with corporations killing fine software, first trueSpace then Softimage… both ones I used. Everything I touched died! This one I feel will last the ages.

Lol! …

just out of interest what would we all think if this did happen?

slow clap

Wow, I totally forgot April’s 1st…

clicked the link thinking Autodesk had made the joke, should have known better!

Small Troll; I wouldn’t be surprised if some got fooled twice today (first by my thread and then by this one), you’d think the first time they get fooled they would be wary for the rest of the day.

Anyway, it’ll be April 2nd here in the states starting in 7 hours in the east, so it will soon be time to let this thread sink through the pages.

ton would rather sell his soul (just like everyone who buys autodesk software lol)

ton would rather sell his soul

still not enough…

This is what happened the last time Autodesk wanted to acquire Blender :slight_smile:

What? I’ve never had so many replies on my thread…

You got me!
My blood pressure was starting to spike, and was getting a sickening feeling in my gut.
Then about 1/2 way through it hit me, “April Fools!!!”

An image that comes to mind when I think of AutoDesk (or Adobe). :eek:

Haha , this gets me. I thought Its real.

then it’s struck me. APRIL FOOLS xD

We discussed this at some length, Episode 29: https://blender-podcast.org/?p=582

haha. Even tho this was a joke. Autodesk can shove it. I cant get the trials from them cause their activation box is corrupted. lols