Teddy

“A Teddy bear is your childhood wrapped up in faded yellow fur, and as such, he commands affection long after he is outgrown.”
Pat Brown

Blender 2.70. Rendered in Cycles, post-processed in Photoshop.

Tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjjnvNMO_NQ

1 Like

Really, Spelle? Don’t enough people make scenes using the primitives? Sheesh. Compositing is nice, though.

#AprilFools

I find the buttons for eyes really creepy :slight_smile: great compositing as Hansen said

Excellent tutorial. Blender is so cool - Constantly finding things that I didn’t know it had. LOVE THAT SIMULATE BEAR FUNCTION!!

mStuff, agree, there is something weird in the eyes of the bear, when it looks at you.

If you were going for creepy and haunting, you’ve succeeded. Those eyes do look right at you…

I couldn’t bear this joke, man. It got my hopes up, fur sure. :wink:

Youtube tutorial, april fools right? :DD Good one, looks amazing tough.

Awesome!!!

Fantastic render. Very appropriate lighting, and nicely finished with post-pro. I will have to check out the tutorial later (assuming you didn’t just click ‘generate bear’ ;)).

That would be too easy and tempting, if possible :slight_smile: I’ll post a link to the tutorial, when it’s done.

The detailing is nuts, and it has a real emotional tug to it due to the realism and the subtle details.

I definitely was not one of those children who threw his teddy in the attic and watch it collect dust, it actually remained in fairly good condition (though an ear was chewed on by our first puppy). Now, I’m not entirely sure where it went, but it’s not in the attic.

You almost feel sorry for that thing, I sure would feel sad if one of my favorite stuffed animals ended up that way.

Amazing work man! I hope this gets in the feature row. By the way, you got me.

I agree with Ace Dragon, I was not someone who easily gave up stuffed animals from childhood, so images like these often strike a chord in me.

The video tutorial idea was a brilliant idea. I don’t know if you actually created some kind of script for the video, or if it was just edited to look that way, but excellent work in any case!

As for the picture itself, I’m really impressed by the painterly look. Had I not known it was 3D, I would have mistaken it for a very detailed painting. Exceptionally well executed!

Spelle, I wish looks “the making of” of your ghost, that work for me have much impact, and this work not far behind, is great!! the form you handle the lights is amazing, and now with blender 2.7 that bear option is incredible :eek:.

grettings, and nice work :).

I would give you 5 stars, Spelle.
I think your work will be in forum gallery soon

wow really fantastic war i like the shaders it’s cool

you have really cool tips in your channel
Subscribe for you
you are a great blender artists

Thank you!

And yeah, like Johhnie Hague said, “A bear grows more alive with age. No one with one ounce of sensitivity could ever consign a bear to the dustbin.”